Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New offensive Coordinator ideas?

HAHAHAHAHA!

Continuity capital of the NFL fire Greg Roman after major injuries? /end thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    We just gotta wait and see how this thing plays out. Lamar is only 23 and we're sitting at 6-3. There's time still to adjust and develop some of these guys that aren't meeting expectations. Get hot at the right time. I'd like to see what Phillips can do at right tackle. Can't be worse than Fluker
    yea lots of adjusting and developing happening ;)

Blog Entries

Ricky Proehl

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    So would Sean Payton.
    Ideally Sean Payton is our new coach next year. It will never happen but I can hope!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jamb17 View Post
    Ideally Sean Payton is our new coach next year. It will never happen but I can hope!
    First he's gonna win a SB with Jameis Winston ;-)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Post Re: New offensive Coordinator ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    never know what back deal Harbs will make with biscuit and McDaniels
    "McDaniels is in line to take over for BB and continue the dynasty for decades!"

Buuuuuuttt....

That all sounded good when they were a mega team. Now they suck. If I'm McDaniels, im making that deal with Biscuit and Harbs. I'd much rather take over this team with a twenty-something Lamar, then NE with a lot of "what ifs". And we already know that dude isnt "Pat fo life". He left once.

Biscuit promises him the team after Harbs solidifies his HOF with a 2nd Lombardi and retires, let's McDaniels take the helm, and if he sucks, cans him. The fanbase will still have a chubby from our 3rd SB, so a year or 2 of suck from the team (if McD sucks again) wont be too hard to swallow.

Set the meeting up, Baldy... :)

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Here's a wild long hot...Jim Harbaugh is fired by Michigan and becomes the Ravens offensive coordinator.
    I have actually thought about this happening but I think Egos would actually get in the way of good football.

I would be surprised it ever happens.

Roman is not getting any Head Coaching gig offers anytime soon with this offense

Blog Entries

This board never ceases to amaze. First there are complaints that the Ravens lack a true #1 wideout and can't draft receivers. This is not Greg Roman's fault off course. Add to this they lost their pro-bowl left tackle and their pro-bowl right guard retired in the off season. Their defense couldn't make a stop in the 4th quarter to give the offense the ball back - not Roman's fault. Yet, the team sits at 6-3 very much in the thick of things and now this thread wanting Roman gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I have actually thought about this happening but I think Egos would actually get in the way of good football.

I would be surprised it ever happens.

Roman is not getting any Head Coaching gig offers anytime soon with this offense

I wouldn't be too sure of that. In 2013 The Ravens offense was bad and Jim Caldwell still got a head coaching job afterwards.The reality of it all is that Greg Roman won offensive assistant of the year last year if not mistaken and help a quarterback that was deemed better suited to play at running back or wide receiver to MVP season. A team like the Houston Texans could be highly interested in a guy like Roman.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    This board never ceases to amaze. First there are complaints that the Ravens lack a true #1 wideout and can't draft receivers. This is not Greg Roman's fault off course. Add to this they lost their pro-bowl left tackle and their pro-bowl right guard retired in the off season. Their defense couldn't make a stop in the 4th quarter to give the offense the ball back - not Roman's fault. Yet, the team sits at 6-3 very much in the thick of things and now this thread wanting Roman gone.
    I think a lot of this is based on Most Recent Game.
    last I saw (@ Neps) Ravens are not any kind of contender.
    losing Stanley and Boyle hurts. two of our better Offensive players.
    I think existing staff gets a pass this year.
    we'll watch them draft another touted WR early and watch him go mediocre. again. sigh.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ricky Proehl
    This is an overlook name that could be intriguing.

Roman is not leaving, nor should he, barring a HC job (which is looking less likely than a year ago.)

But what about having someone come in as a 'pass game coordinator' in the same way Roman came in as run game coordinator?

A second set of eyes, maybe from the college ranks, who can help design some more effective route combos from the formations we are already running would be huge.

Not being heavily into college ball, I have no idea what names might fit that bill. But there are a ton of schools using Lamar-type skillsets successfully. Why not pick their brains?
    "Chin up, chest out."