Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213

Re: New offensive Coordinator ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    In what category? Jets and Browns have less passing yards, just curious. Point remains, I get it. You aren't going to win it all with a run focused offense.
    #30 won't do it either. Last year we were around #17 to go with our rushing game. Now, the rush game isn't what it was and the pass game is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Roman has taken the Ravens as far as he can. He is what he is. He's not changing there is no plan B. Defenses have figured him out and his counter moves are weak. Sean Mcvay can take a very average QB: Goff and make him look good with scheme and tempo.
    Sean Mcvay offense and his quarterback took a major step back last year. They weren't as dominate like they was before. Why didn't his creativity and scheme still continue to make Goff and his offense look just as good though?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Sean Mcvay offense and his quarterback took a major step back last year. They weren't as dominate like they was before. Why didn't his creativity and scheme still continue to make Goff and his offense look just as good though?
    Goff is a garbage qb who can't complete passes under any sort of pressure.

I believe their rbs and wrs had major injury issues as well

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    So do you think the Ravens would be wiser trying to upgrade the interior line and get back to bullying people or hiring a new OC and spending a couple of years trying to learn a new play book in addition to trying to find great wrs and interior line? The Ravens have essentially a two year window to win the SB with Lamar before the cap is going to be an issue.
    I think they can work tomimorove every position , but that doesn't mean they can't use a different scheme. I dont think the path to the superbowl is very wide for a team that can't be balanced on offense to some degree. I've done it multiple times in the past, but the teams that win with only an elite defense (which we don't have and is seemingly impossible in the nfl) and a below average offense is rare.... like Denver, Seattle and 2000 Ravens rare

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Fair point they were not as good as 2018 but still ranked 7th in the league. I think the issue with Roman is his offense sustainable year after year. After an unreal 2019 where the running game worked at a historical level we have the 22nd ranked offense and next to last in passing. Roman is great with the run game but the passing strategy
    is lacking.

Gonna be sad all around if we don’t make super bowl while Lamar still under rookie contract....can someone bump the are we wasting lamars prime thread

Blog Entries

So which offensive coordinators or changes to the offensive staff do people want?
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    So which offensive coordinators or changes to the offensive staff do people want?
    I don’t know that they need to make a move but if they do, they should hire one of the college guys I listed, with Moorhead as my favorite.

Tony Elliott
    Joe Moorhead
    Gus Malzahn (if fired)
    Garrett Riley
    Neal Brown

If they fired Harbs (not happening this year but maybe in the near future) then they should just throw the bag at Lincoln Riley as HC.