Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

New offensive Coordinator ideas?

So many of us feel change is needed to get Lamar in better position to succeed as well as someone who can use players to their strengths. So with that being said we all can agree the Ravens will limp into the playoffs and that alone will save SB show shiner Harbs. (Is there a head coach more loved by the owner in the league?)
    So if we have to move on to 2021 and Harbs is the head coach who would he honestly bring in? My guess he promotes someone within and it’s the same song and dance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New offensive Coordinator ideas?

Here's a wild long hot...Jim Harbaugh is fired by Michigan and becomes the Ravens offensive coordinator.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

I can’t imagine that Roman is going to get much HC interest. He might get an interview or two, but I can’t think of a vacancy that he would be a good fit for. Besides, his candle has dimmed this season, but Harbaugh always waits too long to change OC when it’s needed.

My guess is no changes for 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I can’t imagine that Roman is going to get much HC interest. He might get an interview or two, but I can’t think of a vacancy that he would be a good fit for. Besides, his candle has dimmed this season, but Harbaugh always waits too long to change OC when it’s needed.

My guess is no changes for 2021.
    I don’t know why but I assumed he would be gone but you’re 100% correct no change is a huge possibility and Harbs will make his same excuse for this OC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they will and should stick with Roman. The offense works, it’s the execution that’s lacking. Outside of Lamar Jackson and Ronnie Stanley (IR) our offense consists of good not great to bad players. Fix that o line and we’ll be back where we were last year imo. Get an actual plus pass catcher and we’re even better.

I'm not ruling out the idea that Roman has purposely left much to be desired out of the playbook. Let's have this discussion come January if need be

mcDaniels

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    mcDaniels
    Why would he even be available? He'll get another head coaching opportunity before he ever comes here

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Why would he even be available? He'll get another head coaching opportunity before he ever comes here
    I think McDaniels is the next head coach in waiting for the Pats unless Belichick is intent on coaching forever.

Blog Entries

Barring some kind of crazy collapse, Harbaugh ain't gonna fire Roman. Consider how long he has stuck with other coordinators who were performing worse than Roman has. The team is still in or close to top 10 in points and points per game. Last week was the first time they scored under 20 this year. They will look at the injuries to Stanley and Boyle as well. No way he is fired imo. And I doubt he gets a HC job either. Prolly gonna be the OC again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Here's a wild long hot: Jim Harbaugh is fired by Michigan and becomes the Ravens offensive coordinator.
    That's on odd call, given how many want to move on from Greg Roman's offense. Roman & Jim Harbs were the co- play callers in San Francisco (along with one other guy I think). Don't we think that would just be more of the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Why would he even be available?
    Baldy's not being serious, he just enjoys seeing me spun up and shitting on McDaniels.