Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dez

Re: Dez

This is irritating. I'm sure they have a reason but I felt like Dez earned not having to be flip flopped from practice to active anymore. He showed he can contribute. Not sure why they don't give him a permanent spot on the roster. And if he isnt on the active thursday then this team has lost their minds

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    I believe Moore is on IR
    And still producing more than Boykin is

This is basically a free move that allows them some flexibility. Once you promote, he's on the active end of story.

Blog Entries

I knew there had to be a reason. We’ll see him Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm sure he will be activated for Thursday. There is no doubt. They will sign him to the active for good when they have to. I don't see another team poaching him or him even wanting to go anywhere else given the workload he's about to see.
    Educate me. So it’s a stash move based on roster spots and money?

It probably has to do with delaying the CAP impact to the team - related to carrying his full salary - against the cap - for the balance of the year. Just a guess - but can't think of any other reason why they would do this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beezo View Post
    Educate me. So it’s a stash move based on roster spots and money?
    From my understanding, each PS guy can be called up 2x before he has to be added to the roster or go on waivers. Dez this week didn't count against that 2x limit because he was a call up because of Trace going on the COVID list. I believe they could once again do that this week and designate him as a replacement for Ingram or Dobbins which would also not count against that 2x limit. It makes more sense to do it this way so they don't have to juggle anything on the 53 yet.

Some of the guys here are making a big deal out of nothing. This should be the expected way they handle this. It doesn't mean he isn't going to be active for Thursday.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    From my understanding, each PS guy can be called up 2x before he has to be added to the roster or go on waivers. Dez this week didn't count against that 2x limit because he was a call up because of Trace going on the COVID list. I believe they could once again do that this week and designate him as a replacement for Ingram or Dobbins which would also not count against that 2x limit. It makes more sense to do it this way so they don't have to juggle anything on the 53 yet.

Some of the guys here are making a big deal out of nothing. This should be the expected way they handle this. It doesn't mean he isn't going to be active for Thursday.
    Exactly! He will play and that's what matters. The Ravens are smart to avoid putting him on 53-man roster until that is necessary. He will be COVID replacement this week, then still has 1 more call up. If he is out of callups, he will then be added to the 53 man roster. Keep as much possibility as you can with the 53 man roster as the rules allow.

Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/i/status/1330915024706154496

This is the late throw that should've been a TD - but check out Dez wide open

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1330915024706154496

This is the late throw that should've been a TD - but check out Dez wide open
    Yet we're all hating on Hollywood. Makes no sense