Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Predict the rest of the season

8-8. Humiliation in next 2 games, freefall thereafter rescued only by mediocrity of opposition.

Slightly-more-luminous side: Lamar won't have his confidence shattered by a third straight playoff loss (this year, anyway) when the Crows fail to qualify.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Having a near perfect record against a combination of bad teams and good but not great teams, and to do so while facing such severe injury issues...that still sounds like good coaching too. The perception of bad coaching on talented teams usually comes from wild inconsistency and inexplicable upsets in fairly large numbers.

Plus it's not even true, we don't have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. The combined current records of all of our 16 opponents is literally exactly .500 (71-71-2).
    We have on of the easiest schedules in the NFL, thats a well known fact. The last 5 games are where that really shows.

Even with injuries this is still one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. Coaching has just been abysmal and they have talented guys like Hollywood/Duvernay that are underutilized tremendously..

Devin Duvernay should be one of the best rookie stories in the NFL right now, he's a stud and they don't know how to get the ball in his hands 5+ times a game

Go look at how Shannahan force fed Deebo last year and chunked the hell out of teams doing it

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    We have on of the easiest schedules in the NFL, thats a well known fact. The last 5 games are where that really shows.
    I...wait, what? I literally just gave you our strength of schedule. It's exactly .500 (I missed an extra tie though, actually it's 71-71-3). I wasn't talking about our schedule to that point, I was talking about all 16 opponents put together. Our SOS against only teams we've played thus far is 42-37-2.

Even with injuries this is still one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. Coaching has just been abysmal and they have talented guys like Hollywood/Duvernay that are underutilized tremendously..

Devin Duvernay should be one of the best rookie stories in the NFL right now, he's a stud and they don't know how to get the ball in his hands 5+ times a game

Go look at how Shannahan force fed Deebo last year and chunked the hell out of teams doing it
    I think we're a top 3 team from top to bottom when fully healthy and still solid with all of these injuries, but not spectacular. Given the injuries we've had I don't see how complete dominance should be the baseline expectation.

Otherwise this seems like the exaggeration of young talent we usually see. Duvernay has looked good with limited opportunities, but that's not really a rare thing (plenty of teams have their own rookie or sophomore receivers who they think are just as promising) and it always leads to people asking for much larger roles that often don't work out. For every young player who steps up and becomes a star there are ten Bernard Pierces, Alex Collinses and Kenneth Dixons who just never keep showing it. "One of the best rookie stories in the NFL" just sounds like an unrealistic expectation to me. I could easily see a scenario where Roman listens to the fans and all of a sudden involving Brown and the deep ball much more heavily ends poorly. That doesn't mean Roman is calling games perfectly but I also don't think there's a secret way of replicating 2019 just waiting to be unlocked either.

I also think we've outplayed our talent level almost every year Harbaugh has been here, but that's a much different discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky
    8-8. Humiliation in next 2 games, freefall thereafter rescued only by mediocrity of opposition.

Slightly-more-luminous side: Lamar won't have his confidence shattered by a third straight playoff loss (this year, anyway) when the Crows fail to qualify.
    LMAO. That last sentence sounds...weirdly self-satisfied about the prospect of failure.

Smells like 11-5

5. Re: Predict the rest of the season

Titans - L
    @Steelers - L
    Cowboys - W
    @Browns - L
    Jags - W
    Giants - W
    @Bengals - L

9-7 I have a sick feeling Bengals win and eliminates us from playoff contention again
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

One of two things will happen... We will either:
    1) Continue to make strange plays, give up massive penalty yardage and pile up ridiculous, elementary grade silly mistakes (like bad snaps) and fall to a 9-7 season (losses coming to Titans, Steelers, Browns and Bengals; or
    2) A switch flips and a fire is lit. Mistakes and penalties are largely eradicated and terrible refereeing decisions start going our way instead of against us. All of a sudden we are looking at a 12-4 with a lone loss coming to the Titans (just feel that game is too close and we have too many injuries right now to stop them)

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    Titans - L
    @Steelers - L
    Cowboys - W
    @Browns - L
    Jags - W
    Giants - W
    @Bengals - L

9-7 I have a sick feeling Bengals win and eliminates us from playoff contention again
    This is a highly plausible scenario. Browns and Bengals games will be incredibly difficult games

Blog Entries

Anyone hear an update on Brandon Williams? Stopping guys like Henry and Chubb is significantly tougher if B-Will isn't able to play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Anyone hear an update on Brandon Williams? Stopping guys like Henry and Chubb is significantly tougher if B-Will isn't able to play.
    D-linemen Calais Campbell is "day-to-day" and Brandon Williams is out maybe "a week or maybe more; he's touch-and-go for Sunday."Harbaugh said he won't update their status anymore.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I see 10-6

Titans Loss
    @Steelers Win
    Cowboys Win
    @Browns Loss
    Jags Win
    Giants Win
    @Bengals Loss
    I still see 10-6, but it might not be enough. Ravens also lose hth tiebreaker with Titans if it comes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I still see 10-6, but it might not be enough. Ravens also lose hth tiebreaker with Titans if it comes to it.
    They aren't losing to the Bengals with Ryan Finley at QB.

Welp, now we need the Titans to win their division to prevent any tie breaking scenarios for a playoff spot.

Said earlier in the week that if we had to win one of these next two games that it needed to be against the Titans.

Now our next important game is against the Browns. We lose to the Browns and we can begin talking about possibly missing the playoffs.