Jags - W
    Giants - W
    @Bengals - W

11-5

Re: Predict the rest of the season

I'll say 11-5

Losses come against the Titans and Browns

I see 11-5 if we beat the Tits or 10-6 with losses being Tenn, at Pitt and at Cleve.

Assumption: We can finish the regular season as scheduled in a pandemic.

Considering our last three opponents (Jac, NYG, Cin), we MUST be at least 7-6 after 13 games. Even with extra wildcard slots, it’s foolhardy to expect anything less than 10-6 will qualify us.

Both Billick and Harbaugh have had a track record of numerous three-game losing streaks - including both Super Bowl seasons. In 2016, Harbaugh started the season 3-0, then lost the next three (including two at home; o-line injuries included Yanda). When he lost (for the first time) a fourth straight game to the lowly Jets it really ‘ticked me off’. Heading into a bye, I knew we had three very difficult games on the road remaining (Dal, NE, Pit). Of course, we lost all three and 9-7 wouldn’t cut it.’

I smell a new three-game losing streak with injuries being the excuse culminating in 10-6 OR 9-7 if it extends to a fourth straight loss.

14-2

Titans - L
    @Steelers - L (and get blown out on national TV)

*Full meltdown, mutiny, sky is falling, "fire everybody"*

Cowboys - W
    @Browns - W
    Jags - W
    Giants - W
    @Bengals - W

Finish 11-5 on a 5 game win streak, make wildcard, win wildcard game, lose in divisional round to KC/PIT

Harbaugh keeps his job for winning one playoff game, the season is blamed on injuries, the fans let out a collective sigh as we have to endure another Harbaugh/Roman season next year

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Titans - L

Cowboys - W
    @Browns - W
    Jags - W
    Giants - W
    @Bengals - W

Finish 11-5 on a 5 game win streak, make wildcard, win wildcard game, lose in divisional round to KC/PIT

Harbaugh keeps his job for winning one playoff game, the season is blamed on injuries, the fans let out a collective sigh as we have to endure another Harbaugh/Roman season next year
    The funny thing is the exact scenario you're describing actually sounds like pretty good coaching. Not a lot of coaches who could be straight up ravaged by injuries to literally the majority of their star players and still pull out 11-5 with a playoff win.

Anyway, my picks:

Titans - W
    @ Steelers - W
    Cowboys - W
    @ Browns - L
    Jags - W
    Giants - W
    @ Bengals - W

Beyond that...eh. The playoffs are always a crapshoot for us, not much sense in making a prediction there other than "anything can happen"

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    The funny thing is the exact scenario you're describing actually sounds like pretty good coaching. Not a lot of coaches who could be straight up ravaged by injuries to literally the majority of their star players and still pull out 11-5 with a playoff win.

Anyway, my picks:

Titans - W
    @ Steelers - W
    Cowboys - W
    @ Browns - L
    Jags - W
    Giants - W
    @ Bengals - W

Playoffs are a total crapshoot, not much sense in making a prediction there other than "anything can happen"
    That just comes down to the Ravens playing one of the easiest schedules in the NFL, we have the NFCE this year. In my scenario the Ravens have lost to every good team they played the entire year and padded their record to 11 wins by beating the doormat fodder on their schedule & good but not great Colts/Browns teams.

I think the Ravens will get a 5 seed in my scenario and get a decent opponent draw like Indy/BUF who are very beatable. If they get a 6 or 7 seed they won't even get a single playoff win.

That just comes down to the Ravens playing one of the easiest schedules in the NFL, we have the NFCE this year. In my scenario the Ravens have lost to every good team they played the entire year and padded their record to 11 wins by beating the doormat fodder on their schedule & good but not great Colts/Browns teams.

I think the Ravens will get a 5 seed in my scenario and get a decent opponent draw like Indy/BUF who are very beatable. If they get a 6 or 7 seed they won't even get a single playoff win.
    Having a near perfect record against a combination of bad teams and good but not great teams, and to do so while facing such severe injury issues...that still sounds like good coaching too. The perception of bad coaching on talented teams usually comes from wild inconsistency and inexplicable upsets in fairly large numbers.

Plus it's not even true, we don't have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. The combined current records of all of our 16 opponents is literally exactly .500 (71-71-2).

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Titans - L

Cowboys - W
    @Browns - W
    Jags - W
    Giants - W
    @Bengals - W

What do you think are the chances he fires Roman after TN & PIT losses? Like Cam firing?

11. Re: Predict the rest of the season

I’ll go with my original expectation of 12-4. Don’t see the 3 game doom stretch happening, just been beating ourselves. we can still run with the big dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I see 8-8
    Right now Lamar and the offense looks lost and there have been too many injuries on both sides of the ball. Given the easier schedule, I am all in at 10-6.