Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Ross

Blog Entries

Re: John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Cincinnati said they would rather get nothing for him next year than trade him this year. He must have really pissed off the team somehow.
    They're going to get the potential for a comp pick so it wouldn't be nothing

Blog Entries

Not sure why they refuse to trade players but they moved Dunlap and Ross is trying his best to piss them off enough to move him. He hasn't shown much to be honest... but he's behind some pretty good talent.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Cincinnati said they would rather get nothing for him next year than trade him this year. He must have really pissed off the team somehow.
    I doubt tweets are helping him on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They're going to get the potential for a comp pick so it wouldn't be nothing

They’re not going to get much for a guy who might only get a one year deal.

Isn't that just what Cincinnati would rather do with everyone? Why get something for a player when you can let them leave for nothing? Like Dalton last year and AJ and Geno next, they seem opposed on principle to getting a return for a player.

Dunlap had to force his way out but Green and Atkins are Cincinnati legends and may not want to sour their reputations like that.

I'd be interested in him if the team is really trying to do the "track meet" on offense thing. I don't think he'll ever be a reliable rounded WR, but if you want to really threaten defenses with speed to try and keep them from loading the box, you won't find a much faster potential trio of Hollywood, Duvernay and Ross.

Wouldn't give up more than a conditional 7th, and next year, much higher than the minimum, but dude can fly and it's not like he's out here dropping balls.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    They won't get anything cutting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I think likely gets released the way Bell was. Doubt trade.

Worth a look?

Heres his best game from last season. 7 for 158 and two scores.

Great madden pickup.

9. Re: John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Ross' contract would still cancel out one of their signings, regardless of value.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Not sure why they refuse to trade players but they moved Dunlap and Ross is trying his best to piss them off enough to move him. He hasn't shown much to be honest... but he's behind some pretty good talent.
    They loved Dunlap and did it out of loyalty I think. Just like if Atkins requested a trade they would honor that IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Isn't that just what Cincinnati would rather do with everyone? Why get something for a player when you can let them leave for nothing? Like Dalton last year and AJ and Geno next, they seem opposed on principle to getting a return for a player.

Dunlap had to force his way out but Green and Atkins are Cincinnati legends and may not want to sour their reputations like that.
    I think the whole organization is like getting blown out in a game and kicking a fg as regulation expires to deprive an opponent of a shutout.