Re: Stanley Signed

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The 2019 All Pro Offensive line

LT - Ronnie Stanley
    LG - Quenton Nelson
    C - Jason Kelce
    RG - Zack Martin
    RT - Ryan Ramczyk

That's 3 out of the 5 who played their college ball at Notre Dame. Next time they produce a top OL prospect at that school I would be very interested.
    Definitely...I'd argue they have produced the best LT, best 2 guards and RT (McGlinchey) in the game today. They've been producing some really good studs up front.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Congrats on signing Stanley. Great Left tackles don’t grow on trees and you certainly have a great one moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Very happy to have Stanley and Humphrey re-signed before March.

Next item of business is Ngakoue and letting Judon walk. Next season will be Lamar, Andrews ,and Brown.
    My thoughts exactly! This is great news. Not just for Stanley but for signing Ngakoue

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    Will he be durable?
    It's a good question. DeCosta reacts so quickly & decisively, he might be more susceptible to pulls & strains than the more methodical Ozzie was.

Remember Ozzie was GM for 20 years and never missed a draft day. DeCosta's got a ways to go, to demonstrate that kind of durability.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Stanley Signed

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I don't mean to single you out Bc, because a few people have said it in this thread, but I don't believe that narrative.

Just because Tunsil was more highly rated by the draft 'experts' it doesn't necessarily mean the Ravens agreeed with them. Ozzie said Stanley was always his guy, and he was absolutely right. Stanley has been better than Tunsil every single year they've played. This year is the first time they've been close, and that's only because the NFL has abolished holding penalties.

Ozzie has always been great at drafting big guys.* Is it so hard to believe that he just got it right, regardless of any draft night shenanigans?

(* It was always the little guys he struggled with. I'd like it if the Ravens still gave Ozzie the final say on any O or D linemen they pick. Tyre's struggles, Daylon Mack and the invisibility of both Bens makes me worry that DeCosta doesn't quite have Ozzie's magic touch when it comes to the big men.)
    LOL QtR, I don't mind being singled out because I'm usually ignored. I appreciate your opposing POV. That's what makes this board so interesting... Bc

It's funny how quickly we forget about people after they're gone. Usually that's in reference to someone who passed away, but in this instance I'm referring to Oz after stepping down.

Ozzie was the best GM in the league and maybe in history. He was certainly the best this organization has ever had. Not only did he completely own his first draft, but he went on to draft all time greats in later draft as well. Reed and Suggs were in the early 2000's, and Yanda was an 07' I believe. Essentially every 3 or 4 years Oz was drafting a HOFer. He made some fantastic FA choices as well with Boldin, Matt Birk I think was a FA and he was great for us, Bryant McKinnie was good for us on the SB run, Derek Mason, Tony Siragusa etc...

And lets not forget there were guys that Oz drafted that weren't HOFers but were still terrific: Todd Heap, Jamal Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Bart Scott, Chris McCalister, Haloti Ngata!, Peter boulware, Ben Grubbs, KO. All of these guys are guys that I thought were very very good players for the Ravens who played key roles in the success of the team.

And lets not forget: Stanley, Humphrey, Lamar, Andrews are all Ozzie picks.

EDC is doing just fine. I do think EDC is doing better in FA than Ozzie did. Ozzie was just so laid back with FA. Or at least it seemed that way. But when it comes to drafting Ozzie is the GOAT to me.

OH! and if I'm not mistaken isn't Ozzie still serving in some capacity with the FO? and helping with scouting, drafting, etc...?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    It's funny how quickly we forget about people after they're gone. Usually that's in reference to someone who passed away, but in this instance I'm referring to Oz after stepping down.

Ozzie was the best GM in the league and maybe in history. He was certainly the best this organization has ever had. Not only did he completely own his first draft, but he went on to draft all time greats in later draft as well. Reed and Suggs were in the early 2000's, and Yanda was an 07' I believe. Essentially every 3 or 4 years Oz was drafting a HOFer. He made some fantastic FA choices as well with Boldin, Matt Birk I think was a FA and he was great for us, Bryant McKinnie was good for us on the SB run, Derek Mason, Tony Siragusa etc...

And lets not forget there were guys that Oz drafted that weren't HOFers but were still terrific: Todd Heap, Jamal Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Bart Scott, Chris McCalister, Haloti Ngata!, Peter boulware, Ben Grubbs, KO. All of these guys are guys that I thought were very very good players for the Ravens who played key roles in the success of the team.

And lets not forget: Stanley, Humphrey, Lamar, Andrews are all Ozzie picks.

EDC is doing just fine. I do think EDC is doing better in FA than Ozzie did. Ozzie was just so laid back with FA. Or at least it seemed that way. But when it comes to drafting Ozzie is the GOAT to me.

OH! and if I'm not mistaken isn't Ozzie still serving in some capacity with the FO? and helping with scouting, drafting, etc...?
    Yes, Ozzie still works for the Ravens.

Ok since everyone is so butthurt about my statement, what if I back it down a little bit?

DeCosta has been a clear upgrade over his predecessor since he took over the reigns.

The only way Ozzie ever re-signed a home grown talent was to the biggest contract ever by a(.......). Every single time. Eric has been MARKEDLY better in this regard by a huge, undeniable margin.

Trades are another area that hasn’t even been close.
    As suggested DeCosta has waded through FA better, contract structuring has been a huge upgrade...

Drafting is too early to tell for Deco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Ok since everyone is so butthurt about my statement, what if I back it down a little bit?

DeCosta has been a clear upgrade over his predecessor since he took over the reigns.

The only way Ozzie ever re-signed a home grown talent was to the biggest contract ever by a(.......). Every single time. Eric has been MARKEDLY better in this regard by a huge, undeniable margin.

Trades are another area that hasn’t even been close.
    As suggested DeCosta has waded through FA better, contract structuring has been a huge upgrade...

Drafting is too early to tell for Deco.

Everything Ozzie did from 2012 on was colored by the fact that he had a QB making top 5 money who performed, at best, like an average QB. Granted, Ozzie didn’t have to sign him to that deal so in some sense that is on Ozzie, but if Lamar suddenly regresses to a middle of the pack QB after his big deal then DeCosta will have a lot of the same issues.

If you recall, the team was freaking loaded when Flacco was on his rookie deal because a good QB on their rookie deal the most valuable thing in pro football, kinda like having Lamar right now on his deal.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Everything Ozzie did from 2012 on was colored by the fact that he had a QB making top 5 money who performed, at best, like an average QB. Granted, Ozzie didn’t have to sign him to that deal so in some sense that is on Ozzie, but if Lamar suddenly regresses to a middle of the pack QB after his big deal then DeCosta will have a lot of the same issues.

If you recall, the team was freaking loaded when Flacco was on his rookie deal because a good QB on their rookie deal the most valuable thing in pro football, kinda like having Lamar right now on his deal.
    Ozzie signed Flacco to not one but two massive deals, on top of Pitta and Rice. All 4 deals were top of market deals and only Rice was maybe top 5 at his position.

11. Re: Stanley Signed

Ozzie's first pick was JO and DeCosta's first pick was the tiniest guy in like the whole draft. Actually looking back the whole 2019 draft isn't looking all that great so far and Ozzie's final draft looks legendary.
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Ozzie signed Flacco to not one but two massive deals, on top of Pitta and Rice. All 4 deals were top of market deals and only Rice was maybe top 5 at his position.

Rice was easily top 5