Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: The Plot Against the President

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Actually if you e seen the movie ...it’s quite the opposite.

See the problem is you guys don’t actually support Capitalism...you guys all belong to the GOP. And we all know the G in GOP stands for GREED! So the wealthy get more and us working class get less. “In a word ...Greed is Good”. Gordon Gecko...or Donald Trump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So it’s pro capitalism???

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So it’s pro capitalism???
    Well ...it’s not anti Capitalist to me it’s Pro Americans Jobs. It questions why it’s ok to move Thousands of American jobs overseas just so the Corporations can make more profit. Read that. More profit. They were/are making a profit here ...but they make more moving away. Why? American regulations and American labor cost. Why pay average of $60 an hr ( includes benefits) when you can pay $10? Why dispose of waste properly when you can just dump it anywhere?

Blog Entries

I’ve seen that from the inside. And I’m ok with it because unlike 90% of Working Americans ....I’ll retire and be able to survive. I have a pension , annuity and a 401k. All from my hard work and those corrupt Unions.

I was semi-joking. Lighten up slappy!

Well ...it’s not anti Capitalist to me it’s Pro Americans Jobs. It questions why it’s ok to move Thousands of American jobs overseas just so the Corporations can make more profit. Read that. More profit. They were/are making a profit here ...but they make more moving away. Why? American regulations and American labor cost. Why pay average of $60 an hr ( includes benefits) when you can pay $10? Why dispose of waste properly when you can just dump it anywhere?

So it’s a protectionist missive???
    Protectionism sucks.

Protectionism sucks.
    We’ve had this discussion.

Sadly there was a time when people took pride in America. They purposely bought things made here by us. I mean shit ...most of the everyday things we all use We invented. Why wouldn’t we build it better?

The funny thing is ...it’s not like the products made overseas are that much or at all cheaper! That’s the real rub. If it cost less to make and ship but you sell it for the same price ...who’s winning that deal?

I’ve seen that from the inside. And I’m ok with it because unlike 90% of Working Americans ....I’ll retire and be able to survive. I have a pension , annuity and a 401k. All from my hard work and those corrupt Unions.

I hope your 401 is good. Because there is no guarantee with pensions. Even gov pensions. My brother is a county worker and his pension has already changed twice. With states going bankrupt. And dems wanting to give away trillions more, pensions are going to be looked at closer

Blog Entries

Protectionism sucks.
    ?????

And you support Trump?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Sadly there was a time when people took pride in America. They purposely bought things made here by us. I mean shit ...most of the everyday things we all use We invented. Why wouldn’t we build it better?

The funny thing is ...it’s not like the products made overseas are that much or at all cheaper! That’s the real rub. If it cost less to make and ship but you sell it for the same price ...who’s winning that deal?

You know Lax, I think that was definitely true during the 80's, 90's, and even early 2000's.

However, in the last decade, I have seen a lot that makes me think there are a lot more origin-conscious consumers in America now than in the past few decades. You're seeing a lot of DIY'ers and "makers" creating content on YouTube and standing up small businesses making furniture, food, cookbooks, beer/cider/wine, clothing, and so on. There are also quite a few clothing brands that still largely operate in America - a good example are Thorogood boots. In Frederick, where I live, there is really only 1 "chain" in town and that's a Starbucks. In town where a lot of people do their shopping, bar hopping, and restaurant'ing...it's all locally-owned, small businesses. All of them. No McDonald's. No Burger King. Local barbers, eateries, coffee shops (that do WAY more business than Starbucks), retailers, etc. It's really nice to see and one of the reasons why I really enjoy living in Frederick.

It's hard because even some things that say "made in America" may not actually be made in America....they maybe were assembled in America.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I know a lot of people that will specifically look at tags on shirts or research where products are made before buying them. I also think there are a lot of consumers these days that recognize spending a little more for an American-made brand/good is worth it because typically the quality is better and we are more aware that money is going to American workers and businesses.

I mentioned Thorogood boots earlier because I have purchased exactly two pairs of boots in the last 15 years and both were American-made Thorogood boots. And man...these things are rock solid. I am actually getting one of them re-soled in town because the sole got melted a little bit by the fire pit, but the rest of the boot is in great condition.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Agreed. All this “green “ energy is worse than fossil fuels.

👍🏻

This is just whining. People are given a choice of what to buy. The consumer gets to decide if it wants to by domestic or foreign. If they would rather pay more for quality or they just need something cheaper for a short term. You seem to be confusing what you would do with choices others would make. There is a reason Walmart is so big. They sell cheaper. Give consumers the choice

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    ?????

And you support Trump?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Yes. You are confusing negotiation tactics with desired policy. I don’t trump is like pat buchanan