Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: The Plot Against the President

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You know Lax, I think that was definitely true during the 80's, 90's, and even early 2000's.

However, in the last decade, I have seen a lot that makes me think there are a lot more origin-conscious consumers in America now than in the past few decades. You're seeing a lot of DIY'ers and "makers" creating content on YouTube and standing up small businesses making furniture, food, cookbooks, beer/cider/wine, clothing, and so on. There are also quite a few clothing brands that still largely operate in America - a good example are Thorogood boots. In Frederick, where I live, there is really only 1 "chain" in town and that's a Starbucks. In town where a lot of people do their shopping, bar hopping, and restaurant'ing...it's all locally-owned, small businesses. All of them. No McDonald's. No Burger King. Local barbers, eateries, coffee shops (that do WAY more business than Starbucks), retailers, etc. It's really nice to see and one of the reasons why I really enjoy living in Frederick.

It's hard because even some things that say "made in America" may not actually be made in America....they maybe were assembled in America.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I know a lot of people that will specifically look at tags on shirts or research where products are made before buying them. I also think there are a lot of consumers these days that recognize spending a little more for an American-made brand/good is worth it because typically the quality is better and we are more aware that money is going to American workers and businesses.

I mentioned Thorogood boots earlier because I have purchased exactly two pairs of boots in the last 15 years and both were American-made Thorogood boots. And man...these things are rock solid. I am actually getting one of them re-soled in town because the sole got melted a little bit by the fire pit, but the rest of the boot is in great condition.
    Thoroughgoods are awesome boots. Basically all I’ve worn for the past 30 yrs. those or Red Wings. Worth every Penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Yes. You are confusing negotiation tactics with desired policy. I don’t trump is like pat buchanan
    You're rationalizing away Trump's lifelong love of protectionism. He's not a capitalist. He's a mercantilist. He's also mud-dumb ignorant and stupid on trade.

You know Lax, I think that was definitely true during the 80's, 90's, and even early 2000's.

However, in the last decade, I have seen a lot that makes me think there are a lot more origin-conscious consumers in America now than in the past few decades. You're seeing a lot of DIY'ers and "makers" creating content on YouTube and standing up small businesses making furniture, food, cookbooks, beer/cider/wine, clothing, and so on. There are also quite a few clothing brands that still largely operate in America - a good example are Thorogood boots. In Frederick, where I live, there is really only 1 "chain" in town and that's a Starbucks. In town where a lot of people do their shopping, bar hopping, and restaurant'ing...it's all locally-owned, small businesses. All of them. No McDonald's. No Burger King. Local barbers, eateries, coffee shops (that do WAY more business than Starbucks), retailers, etc. It's really nice to see and one of the reasons why I really enjoy living in Frederick.

It's hard because even some things that say "made in America" may not actually be made in America....they maybe were assembled in America.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I know a lot of people that will specifically look at tags on shirts or research where products are made before buying them. I also think there are a lot of consumers these days that recognize spending a little more for an American-made brand/good is worth it because typically the quality is better and we are more aware that money is going to American workers and businesses.

I mentioned Thorogood boots earlier because I have purchased exactly two pairs of boots in the last 15 years and both were American-made Thorogood boots. And man...these things are rock solid. I am actually getting one of them re-soled in town because the sole got melted a little bit by the fire pit, but the rest of the boot is in great condition.
    I didn't know that about Frederick. That's awesome.

Also, idk about you guys, but the way China handled this virus has made me more interested in trying to avoid Chinese companies.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

Also, idk about you guys, but the way China handled this virus has made me more interested in trying to avoid Chinese companies.

Remember a few years ago something about the plastics in the toys they made. And I believe recently something about dog food too?

Can’t trust the CCP

Blog Entries

That’s the thing with countries like China, India, Russia, etc. They don’t give a shit about their people or the rest of the world so long as they keep power. That’s why getting into bed with them for climate regulations, trade deals, etc...it’s not as easy as 1+1 with them because they’re playing by a different set of rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I think he meant “downtown” Fred. Which is like many towns. Downtown Annapolis is similar. There is one Starbucks. And one Jimmy John’s. The rest are local business.

Blog Entries

Well, I'm early going in this fauxcumentary, and it ain't promising. They're attempting to paint Flynn as some kind of martyred hero, and it's lying about Flynn and having some disreputable piece of shit babble shit they aren't in a position to know.

There's been zero mention Flynn lied about being a foreign agent on his national security questionnaire prior to becoming NSA, nor that he was involved in a kidnapping plot. The claims about how Flynn was "a threat" to the CIA and FBI because "he knew where the bodies were buried" are made by people who weren't and aren't in a position to know, and misrepresents why Flynn was fired in 2014, which had squat to do with him knowing where any bodies were buried, figuratively or otherwise.

Flynn isn't a hero or a martyr. He's a grifting crook.

Does it get any better, or is it must more Lewandowski, Gorki, and other white nationalist scum spouting conspiracy nutjob nonsense the whole time?

Blog Entries

LOL at the claim Flynn "had a perfect phone call" with Kislyak and the attempt to revise history by claiming Flynn just did what he should have done.

Why did he lie about it, if it was all so perfect? Why did Trump fire him if it was all so perfect?

Gym Jordan and the rest of the idiots pushing this in the fauxcumentary are shameless.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I think he meant “downtown” Fred. Which is like many towns. Downtown Annapolis is similar. There is one Starbucks. And one Jimmy John’s. The rest are local business.
    Fair enough. City dock area is pretty sweet in Annapolis

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    It's one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.

One of the points made by Congressman Turner was when Schiff used to go to the press after having meetings with the intelligence committee. If Schiff actually revealed what was said in those meetings, he would be charged with a crime. Despite that, he still spun a yarn for the "journalists" to listen to which had no basis in fact. What surprised Turner was that the media knew Schiff couldn't be telling the truth because of the legal ramifications, but that didn't stop the media networks from running with his bullshit.

The intelligence committee would listen to 64 people say under oath that they had never seen evidence of Collusion, Conpiracy, or Coordinating with the Russians, yet...when those same people would go on TV, they'd say the complete opposite. When they heard the televised remarks, the intelligence committee people would call those politicians to inquire about what they've seen since their private testimony contradicted what they were saying in the public.

Pretty funny shit.
    The Demorat lawyer who helped start the Russian hoax is also the same scum who pushed the cheat by mail scam by getting more time to count the magically found ballots. All in Democratic swing states. Nothing to see here, in fact, you Republicans aren't allowed to observe the counting of manufactured, I mean mail in ballots.

They let them see the other types, same day, absentee but NOT these late night mail ins. No fraud, Dems are honest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    The Demorat lawyer who helped start the Russian hoax is also the same scum who pushed the cheat by mail scam by getting more time to count the magically found ballots. All in Democratic swing states. Nothing to see here, in fact, you Republicans aren't allowed to observe the counting of manufactured, I mean mail in ballots.

They let them see the other types, same day, absentee but NOT these late night mail ins. No fraud, Dems are honest
    I think what bothers me the most about all of this is that the Republicans kind of just sat back and let it happen.

I mean...if everyone paying attention knows or suspects Democrats from doing some dirty shit, then why not do something about it? It's crazy.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I think what bothers me the most about all of this is that the Republicans kind of just sat back and let it happen.

I mean...if everyone paying attention knows or suspects Democrats from doing some dirty shit, then why not do something about it? It's crazy.
    They let it happen cause they get rich the same way Biden and his family have. They don’t want an outsider in the swamp.