Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Missing

Marlon Missing

Marlon Humphrey was supposed to address the media today. He was pulled and replaced by Jimmy Smith. Marlon did not practice and hopefully this isn't COVID-related. This afternoon's injury report should be of high interest.

If Marlon can't go, Jimmy will be pushed to the boundary and that will trigger some concerns at nickel and safety, particularly with Marcus Gilchrist's release.

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Marlon Missing

Wtffffff

Nobody would be happier than the other guy in that picture above. Hopefully it's just something precautionary or not injury related. That would really suck to go into a game against Pitt shorthanded in the secondary.

Jeff Z said it was for mild cold symptoms - abundance of caution type move:

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/stat...43766348627968

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post

Precaution is good!
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

Jesus Tony, way to give everyone a heart attack!

Blog Entries

Case in point: CB De'Vante Bausby, who had thought he would be signing to #Cardinals practice squad, woke up this morning to four different offers for spots on the 53 man roster from contenders.

Hopes to make a decision, tonight.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post

It only started as the sniffles....

9. Re: Marlon Missing

Jimmy Smith being a limited participant today due to an Achilles is very concerning. I remember before he tore his Achilles it was bothering him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Jimmy Smith being a limited participant today due to an Achilles is very concerning. I remember before he tore his Achilles it was bothering him.

Oh lord dont say that

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

11. Re: Marlon Missing

Additionally, when that happened, he said after the fact that you just play through it until it pops. Thus, unfortunately, it is just a matter of time before Jimmy is done for the year. But hey, what's new? He is practically listed every week on the injury report as it is — and with a separate ailment, at that. I won't be surprised if it happens before Anthony Averett is back, so they will be down 4 CBs (along with Tavon Young & Iman Marshall) just like that!

Meanwhile, Anthony Levine has also been ailing with an abdomen for some time now. They should have found a way to keep Brandon Carr, who is at least always available. Also, this is just another reason why Marcus Gilchrist should not have been the one cut for Dez Bryant. It is gonna be helplessly torturous having to watch them rely on the likes of Khalil Dorsey & Terrell Bonds, and probably during the toughest stretch of the schedule. It simply never ends with this team's secondary injuries constantly mounting!
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 10-29-2020 at 01:34 AM.

Thought the same exact thing when I saw him on the injury report with an achilles. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but you never know with Jimmy's injury history.
    90% of the game is half mental