Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Marcus Gilchrist Cut

Thought this deserved its own thread. He was the guy they got rid of to make room for Dez.

He's been active for the past two weeks. They must know something. I'm guessing he's the 54th man on the roster, like that TE a few years ago who was released and signed every week.

I'm betting he is re-signed and ACTIVATED against the Steelers.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Re: Marcus Gilchrist Cut

Makes no sense unless there is more to the story. There are a dozen special teamers they could’ve cut.

Carr?

Call up Geno Stone?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Marcus Gilchrist Cut

Jeff Z tweet

Not sure I understand the Marcus Gilchrist cut unless there's a move that follows it. He played 42 def. snaps over Ravens' last two games. Looked like he missed assignment on long John Hightower catch in Philly, but Ravens are very thin at safety.

I'm telling you, they know something. He will be *re-signed and active* against the Steelers, and when it's all done we will go, "OHHHH, *that's* why they did it!"

EDIT: Either that or they are totally in love with Khalil Dorsey.
    "Chin up, chest out."

They brought up Geno Stone:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's been up twice I believe. That's the max for a PS guy. They have Stone & Warrior for S & ST, so he's like a pitcher who is out of options & gets DFA'd. He was nice in the secondary & a solid ST contributor. I'm not sure if that 2 up/down PS to Active has a reset button if you cut & guy & re-sign him. There's a lot of roster manipulation going on. I just don't want Pgh to sign him tomorrow & pump him for info. But....you could tell me Gus Edwards is coming thru the hole right at me....doesn't mean I'm gonna be able to tackle him.

He didn't miss his assignment on that play either.

It was man coverage. Peters passed off and Hightower got to the outside. Should have been Humphrey's man, but he stayed on the TE.

Humphrey's mistake IMO.

But yes - weird move. Hopefully there is indeed more to it. Cut Chris Moore and get Gilchrist back.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    He didn't miss his assignment on that play either.

It was man coverage. Peters passed off and Hightower got to the outside. Should have been Humphrey's man, but he stayed on the TE.

Humphrey's mistake IMO.

But yes - weird move. Hopefully there is indeed more to it. Cut Chris Moore and get Gilchrist back.
    Why are CBs passing off on man coverage? Unleas you meant zone...... or presnap pass offs

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Why are CBs passing off on man coverage? Unleas you meant zone...... or presnap pass offs
    Motion.

Hightower motions pre-snap from right to left.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

10. Re: Marcus Gilchrist Cut

I believe this is a preliminary maneuver to re-sign Marcus Gilchrist to the active roster. Someone said they brought up Geno Stone, but all I have seen about him today is that he was listed as one of four protected PS roster members for the week — along with DT Aaron Crawford, TE Sean Culkin & LS Nick Moore.

Source: https://nfltraderumors.co/list-of-pr...h-other-teams/

Blog Entries

I actually like Warrior more in the slot if they’re calling one up

12. Re: Marcus Gilchrist Cut

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I actually like Warrior more in the slot if they’re calling one up
    It sounds like Terrell Bonds would be in the mix, according to Harbs. That would be his second temporary promotion, since he was already called up once against KC. Thus, more future maneuvering is imminent, and hopefully everyone doesn't freak out about it if/when that time comes.