Re: Trevor Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    I guess John Elway felt the same way in 83'
    He didn't want to play for Frank Kush.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    He didn't want to play for Frank Kush.
    Normally, I would not be in favor of allowing a QB just coming out of college to dictate who a team’s HC should be, but the Colts were so bad back then that I say they should have replaced Kush with another HC to get Elway to sign with them.

Elway coming to the Colts could have increased attendance and possibly resulted in the Colts never leaving Baltimore. It would have required a plan for a new stadium, but you never know how history could have been changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

The way the Cowboys are shedding people I think they want to make a run at the #1 overall.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Reed View Post
    The way the Cowboys are shedding people I think they want to make a run at the #1 overall.
    “Tanking for Trevor”? This sweepstakes deserves a name.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

2-14 still might not get it done the way the Jets are looking

two problems with this.

1. Jets
    2. they play in the NFCE. you could try to lose those games this season and end up winning.

Blog Entries

If the Cowboys get a top 5 pick, they may be able to swing a trade for that first pick. Tag and trade Dak.

Blog Entries

Elway didn't have faith in ownership. He knew Irsay was a turd and had little faith in him putting money in to fix the franchise. Years later it was the same thing that pushed Eli away from the Chargers. Trevor Lawrence doesn't need to stay in school to avoid the Jets. He can do the same as those guys and force a trade. If anything it's become a lot easier than it was back in the 80's and 2000's

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Nice thread
    at least he's talking about trading to get TLaw

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Elway didn't have faith in ownership. He knew Irsay was a turd and had little faith in him putting money in to fix the franchise. Years later it was the same thing that pushed Eli away from the Chargers. Trevor Lawrence doesn't need to stay in school to avoid the Jets. He can do the same as those guys and force a trade. If anything it's become a lot easier than it was back in the 80's and 2000's
    I have to say that I HATE this course of action. I'm usually on the side of the player. I hate the franchise tag, transitional tag, team options etc. I appreciate free agency, and the sacrifice of Curt Flood. The draft, for me, is for the good of the league and the excitement of the fans. If a player stays in school for another year; that's his choice. If a player chooses to play another sport like Elway or sits out like Bo Jackson; that's also the player's choice. But forcing a trade before you play a minute. I've never liked it. I hated it with Manning, Kobe, Steve Francis.

I'm okay with Lawrence deciding not to play for the Jets. But I think if he doesn't that he shouldn't play and the Jets should get a compensatory 1st round pick the next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smackums View Post
    I have to say that I HATE this course of action. I'm usually on the side of the player. I hate the franchise tag, transitional tag, team options etc. I appreciate free agency, and the sacrifice of Curt Flood. The draft, for me, is for the good of the league and the excitement of the fans. If a player stays in school for another year; that's his choice. If a player chooses to play another sport like Elway or sits out like Bo Jackson; that's also the player's choice. But forcing a trade before you play a minute. I've never liked it. I hated it with Manning, Kobe, Steve Francis.

I'm okay with Lawrence deciding not to play for the Jets. But I think if he doesn't that he shouldn't play and the Jets should get a compensatory 1st round pick the next year.
    I don't like it either. I'm also not thrilled with players forcing their way to get traded like Ramsey did. However that's reality.

The mechanism for compensation is that the team can get a boatload of picks in a trade. The Chargers got a current year 3rd round picks and a 1st and a 5th the following season. The Jaguars received 2 1st round picks and a 4th.

If Lawrence refuses to play for the Jets this won't be like Elway or Bo. They'll have no shortage of teams paying up for that pick since Lawrence is the best prospect we've seen since Andrew Luck.