Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Lawrence

Trevor Lawrence

Looks like he's considering staying which is bad news for the Jets though I think Sewell is the right pick for them regardless. This gives them the best chance to build the best offense possible for Darnold to stay healthy and get one more go at it. First thing, fire Gase.

Blog Entries

Re: Trevor Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Looks like he's considering staying which is bad news for the Jets though I think Sewell is the right pick for them regardless. This gives them the best chance to build the best offense possible for Darnold to stay healthy and get one more go at it. First thing, fire Gase.
    I thought this might happen, but I think it is a ploy by Lawrence to force the Jets to trade the first pick in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Nice thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I thought this might happen, but I think it is a ploy by Lawrence to force the Jets to trade the first pick in the draft.

I don't blame the guy for not wanting to get killed behind that line

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I don't blame the guy for not wanting to get killed behind that line
    Me either. The Jets are a dysfunctional organization. I fully expect Lawrence to be in the NFL next year, but with another team. I believe he could declare for the draft, but retain the option to return to Clemson if he doesn’t immediately hire an agent.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

The kid owns Clemson's campus & his life isn't all that tough right now. 1 more year of college won't hurt him & he'd have the time of his life. And...he'd still be the #1 pick the following year. Buy a giant insurance policy & enjoy college. And, hope the Jets aren't the top pick the following year. That's one way to approach it....but....money talks & most kids would come out & try to use this as a bargaining chip to get the Jets to pick someone else or trade the pick elsewhere.

RIP Trevor Lawrence you’re going to a crap team no matter what. I hope he becomes a Detroit lion or dare I say a cowboy!

Staying didn’t do Matt Leinart any favors. If someone is willing take you with the first pick and pay you millions for the privilege, you can’t automatically assume that same opportunity will still be there a year later. Most guys are happy to play for whoever picks them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    RIP Trevor Lawrence you’re going to a crap team no matter what. I hope he becomes a Detroit lion or dare I say a cowboy!
    The Cowboys actually have a good OL, but a lot of their guys are injured this year. They also have excellent skill position players. I would try to engineer a trade to Dallas if possible if I were Lawrence. That will depend on how bad of a season Dallas has this year though. If the Cowboys have a top 5 pick it might be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

Right and to other teams with little talent that might move around. And if he wants to maximize his value why not go to Dallas and put up huge numbers?

Have to think more top QBs will start putting it out they don’t want to play for these truly dysfunctional teams versus a downturned good organization New England or New Orleans when Brees leaves and they presumably have a high pick the year after.

I hear he is thinking of playing outfield for the Yankees.

Blog Entries

Hair product endorsements to get by for one year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!