Blog Entries

OT: Big Sporting news

I wanted to put this in the General sports forum. However, after several attempts and help from Mods, am unable to access it. When this thread is undoubtedly moved there (As it should to be honest), I’ll be able to access that forum through this thread, but no other way.

HUGE sporting news coming out of Catalonia. My favorite club, Barcelona, will have a new President in the coming months, because BARTOMEU RESIGNED!!!!!!! YYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: OT: Big Sporting news

Wrong football

No offense but it rivals golf as the most boring sport in the world.

I remember back in the 60s going to Memorial Stadium to see the Baltimore professional soccer team play a game. It was excruciating.

My sister in law raised five kids and went to so many soccer games I can absolutely assure you she is going to heaven as she spent her time in hell.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Hate to pile on, but my kids played soccer and I always said tongue-in cheek that I'd have trouble staying awake even if they were playing in the World Cup.

ESPN's "Top Ten Plays" tell you all you need to know about soccer. There's always one soccer highlight when the ball curves around the defender and goes in the net. Then the announcer follows up with............"Manchester wins, 1-0".

Sorry, I need more scoring. Make the net bigger or something. Why watch soccer when you can watch paint dry.

Blog Entries

Miles Boykin might see more balls if he switches...

Give me WNBA instead.

Blog Entries

Bartomeu has been an albatross around the neck of Barcelona for at least four years now.

Blog Entries

"Footy" on the highest level is interesting in a low-key arcane fashion. Either you're born to it or you're bored by it.

For anyone out there who ever played chess seriously enough to study it, "footy" played at the highest level is the equivalent of following a game by Nimzovich or Petrosian - long stretches of obscure maneuvering punctuated with the very occasional tactical explosion.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post

ESPN's "Top Ten Plays" tell you all you need to know about soccer. There's always one soccer highlight when the ball curves around the defender and goes in the net. Then the announcer follows up with............"Manchester wins, 1-0".
    Ever watch the NBA highlights? Some very tall man dunking a basketball. Zzzzzzzzzz
    "Chin up, chest out."

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Ever watch the NBA highlights? Some very tall man dunking a basketball. Zzzzzzzzzz
    Yes, agreed.............you forgot after taking 5 steps and not getting called for travelling

I've been really getting into watching LAX lately; well not lately, before the virus. LAX is great; lots of scoring and that ball moves.

Good friend of mine played for Denver and knows I follow the Terps, so he's got me hooked. We have an annual wager, if Denver wins the National Championship; I have to buy him a t-shirt and vice-versa. So far, we're 1-1. He bought me a shirt a few years back when both the men & women Terps won it all.

Maryland always has great teams (to make up for the crappy football & basketball train wrecks)

GOOOOOOOOAL! Ronaldo makes me proud to be Portuguese haha