Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Before/After the Bye

I think this team will go 3-2 or better down this stretch. I see a split of Pittsburgh. I think Ravens can win the other 3, but wouldn't be shocked with an L to Tenn or Indy (we better beat New England!!!)

I will be bold and predict 4-1 in this stretch. Which leaves Cowboys, Browns, Jags, Giants, Eagles...all games we should win (with Browns and Eagles being only potential hickups--assuming Eagles are healthier by then) 5-0 or 4-1 in that stretch.

That leaves a predicted final record of 12-4 to 14-2. High bar, but I think the team is capable of it. Defense is playing better and I expect to get even better with Yannick. I think the Oline improves with experience (not a great Oline, but better than we've seen) Hoping we can get the division to get a home playoff game. Pitt is looking tough and doesn't have anybody (other than Ravens) that scares them on their schedule

4 games still worry me. 2x Pittsburgh, Titans, and Browns. Barring catastrophe and no major improvement on the offensive line, the absolute floor looks like it will still be 10 wins leaving room for an inexplicable slip up somewhere..

Blog Entries

Just win next week

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Just win next week
    Agreed!

Steelers best team in the AFC. Just beat Tenn on the road. Only undefeated team left in the conference...
    Ravens struggling to find themselves, not looking nearly as good as last year...

I predict the Ravens are gonna beat the brakes of the Steelers. That's right I said it!

5. Re: Before/After the Bye

The Ravens will continue to almost never lose. It's true that the next 5 games are tougher than the last 5. In the next 5, the Ravens will probably do better than 3-2.

Except for the Chiefs, the Ravens haven't been behind, or tied (except for 0-0) all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post

Before: 3-4
    After: 5-4

Before: 5-1
    After: ???

If the trend continues, we would finish the season 15-1 which would be a 13 game win streak. Tough but not impossible. Goes to show how spoiled we've become too.
    Good stuff Culex. I have felt for awhile that the Ravens use the first part of the season to experiment. (The Patriots were very similar.) Not that they aren't trying to win every game. But teams evolve, and the most important part of the first part of the season is to evolve into what you will be in the second part -- while of course still managing to win games.

Especially this year with no training camp, it's no wonder we hear how the Ravens 'lack identity' all the time. The things we did successfully last year we should still be able to do. The last six weeks have shown us some additional things that might and might not work. Now it's time to put it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    I will be bold and predict 4-1 in this stretch. Which leaves Cowboys, Browns, Jags, Giants, Eagles...all games we should win (with Browns and Eagles being only potential hickups--assuming Eagles are healthier by then) 5-0 or 4-1 in that stretch.
    Bengals, not Eagles, VR. We already played the Eagles. And I'm not taking the Bengals lightly -- Burrows is the real deal -- but we should damn sure be able to beat them on Jan 3rd if we need to. "Any given Sunday" and all, but I do think we will go 5-0 down the stretch.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    The Ravens will continue to almost never lose. It's true that the next 5 games are tougher than the last 5. In the next 5, the Ravens will probably do better than 3-2.

Except for the Chiefs, the Ravens haven't been behind, or tied (except for 0-0) all year.
    Sounds counter-intuitive, but I actually hope they do have some adversity and maybe even a couple of tough losses the rest of this season. The one thing that worried me down the stretch last year was that they weren't in very many dog fights or games they had to fight and scrap in order to win. That's what Tenn had last year and it's what made them so dangerous in the playoffs. Damn near every game after week 11 was a playoff game for them. The start of this season hasn't been anywhere near as smooth and pretty as many predicted - and I think that's a good thing. Especially since they are still 5-1. Last year reminded me a lot of the great offensive teams of the past that you know once the playoffs start and they face some of the better defenses and pressure of the moment, things seem to falter. This year's team seems out of sync a bit on offense but the defense seems a bit grittier and hawkish. I like where that could go, especially after adding Yannick.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Good stuff Culex. I have felt for awhile that the Ravens use the first part of the season to experiment. (The Patriots were very similar.) Not that they aren't trying to win every game. But teams evolve, and the most important part of the first part of the season is to evolve into what you will be in the second part -- while of course still managing to win games.

Especially this year with no training camp, it's no wonder we hear how the Ravens 'lack identity' all the time. The things we did successfully last year we should still be able to do. The last six weeks have shown us some additional things that might and might not work. Now it's time to put it all together.

Bengals, not Eagles, VR. We already played the Eagles. And I'm not taking the Bengals lightly -- Burrows is the real deal -- but we should damn sure be able to beat them on Jan 3rd if we need to. "Any given Sunday" and all, but I do think we will go 5-0 down the stretch.

Whoops. Not sure how I made that mistake. DUH!

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    4 games still worry me. 2x Pittsburgh, Titans, and Browns. Barring catastrophe and no major improvement on the offensive line, the absolute floor looks like it will still be 10 wins leaving room for an inexplicable slip up somewhere..
    don't sleep on those Colts. they're allowing the 4th fewest points per game in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    don't sleep on those Colts. they're allowing the 4th fewest points per game in the league.
    I’m not sleeping on any of them, but I’d definitely be surprised by a loss to Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Just win next week
    This. Just go 1-0.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    Let's unpack that...

Jags. Vikings. Jets. Bears. Bengals.

Not exactly a Murderer's Row of offenses.
    "Chin up, chest out."