Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Thread: Steelers Week!

Re: Steelers Week!

Ingram officially listed doubtful. This is why we drafted Dobbins. Interesting to see what kind of packages they trot out with. Assuming Hill will be active.
    Seems like Ravens have been pretty vanilla this year and only showing glimpses of our speed.
    Here’s hoping preseason is over and the offense busts out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Find #20 on every play"

Blog Entries

This will be the Steelers offense toughest test to date facing a top notch defense in the Ravens. The Ravens had a great defense before adding Yannick. Sickening!
    I’m curious to see how many snaps Yannick plays. Do you guys think he will just be in on pass plays only?
    How do you think he will be against the run and or dropping into coverage if asked to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    This will be the Steelers offense toughest test to date facing a top notch defense in the Ravens. The Ravens had a great defense before adding Yannick. Sickening!
    I’m curious to see how many snaps Yannick plays. Do you guys think he will just be in on pass plays only?
    How do you think he will be against the run and or dropping into coverage if asked to do so?
    Supposedly our defense is easy to learn so I expect him to be out there a good amount. We definitely will need him against you guys. Last year, Peters damn near played the whole game against the Seahawks in his first game.

Quote Originally Posted by brown2RAVEN View Post
    Ingram officially listed doubtful. This is why we drafted Dobbins. Interesting to see what kind of packages they trot out with. Assuming Hill will be active.
    Seems like Ravens have been pretty vanilla this year and only showing glimpses of our speed.

Hopefully they unleash Duvernay, Dobbins, some screen passes, scheme Hollywood open, give OBJ help on Watt, have Ricard heavily involved in getting push in the running game between the tackles.

I expect to see Ngakoue in on more than just passing downs. He's very capable of blowing up runs behind the LOS with his penetration. Dropping him in coverage is perhaps a little less likely, but they've surprised QBs by dropping Campbell into coverage, so it's possible.

Do you guys think Yannick will just be in on pass plays only?
    Any down could be a passing down with Ben. I think Yannick will be on the field a lot. Not in short-yardage or goal-line; but most other situations, pass or neutral.

I think he'll be adequate against the run, not great. I think the Ravens won't ask him to drop in coverage. Not for a couple weeks, anyway; and then only as part of a deceptive blitz.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brown2RAVEN View Post
    Ingram wasn't ruled out, but he did not practice this week and that's after our BYE. I'd be surprised and disappointed if he played not being 100%. Time for Gus and Dobbins to step-up... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ingram wasn't ruled out, but he did not practice this week and that's after our BYE.
    Listed as "Doubtful" on the injury report.

Bonds & Welch get the PS call up this week.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Bonds & Welch get the PS call up this week.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    yeah that's a little concerning - thin at DB like we all we concerned about...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Listed as "Doubtful" on the injury report.
    Most likely he sits. I don't see any point activating a hurt running back when we have Gus and Dobbins.. even Hill is also a formidable replacement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Here's what I would do or would hope to see after the bye and headed into the Stilers game:

-Attack with the passing game

All offseason they talked about taking advantage of the 1-on-1 match-ups both deep and outside the numbers. BUT currently the deep passing game has thrown 23 attempts 20 yards or deeper.
    That makes them 19th in the league.
    Dak Prescott has 28 deep attempts and he's played 1 less game.
    Carson Wentz has 40, Brady 39, Arod 38, Cousins 36 etc.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

And imho it speaks to mentality. In a low volume passing offense, everyone seems to live and die on each pass.
    It reduces the margin of error and increase the anxiety when they don't work out.
    I think the mindset has to come from the coaches. It maybe even needs to come from Harbaugh himself.
    Just like Harbs is the author of the (awesome) going for it on 4th down mentality.
    Maybe he needs to be the author of an aggressive downfield passing game?

I think Lamar would play with more confidence if he knew the Greg was going to attack.
    If they practiced to attack and they gameplanned to attack and they call plays which means more attempts downfield...
    Then the production will come.

Well.
    I'm done wishing.
    If the offensive staff can't dial up more then 1 downfield attempt after a bye week then I'm moving on.
    The Stillers even played some snaps of 8 in the box, Cover 0 or Cover-1 man- yet only 1 deep shot

I don't expect it from them anymore....my signature is utterly meaningless.

-Gameplan and Playcalling scripts should focus on WRs-
    -script plays for the 3rd receiving option whether its Boykin or Duvernay or Snead or Boyle or Dez.....doesn't matter to me
    whomever the 3rd receiver is-the gameplan and playcall absolutely needs to call plays for them because they aren't seeing enough of the ball during the non-scripted run of play
    Yes

-scheme to get the ball to Hollywood in space
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    -USE DOBBINS
    Dobbins could very well be our most talented RB and he's been the most statistically efficient RB...dare I say that Dobbins has some Christian McCaffery to his game?

We have a stable of 3/4 productive RBs...why can't we find away to make our most talented RB more of threat?

Can we find a way to get 2 RBs on the field together?

And if we can get more production out of the base run game (inside/outside zone, spread defense into nickel then run, gap runs)......then the offense can

-Become less reliant on read-option based run game
    Yes, they discovered Dobbins!
    Last edited by edromeo; 11-02-2020 at 03:45 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said