Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How Do We Beat KC...

As good as we've looked. It's the elephant in the room. They've had our number. They are by far the best team in the league. So...

What needs to happen to get over this hump? We will need to beat them to win a SB.

Right now Mahomes is just superior to Lamar.

Yes I realize the Steelers are 6-0. But they will fall back to earth.

Blog Entries

Re: How Do We Beat KC...

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENS89 View Post
    As good as we've looked. It's the elephant in the room. They've had our number. They are by far the best team in the league. So...

What needs to happen to get over this hump? We will need to beat them to win a SB.

I think you are vastly underestimating the Steelers.

No guarantees we see them again, but if they do the blueprint has fortunately been given. You need points, don’t give them extra possessions, and don’t blitz Mahomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    No guarantees we see them again, but if they do the blueprint has fortunately been given. You need points, don’t give them extra possessions, and don’t blitz Mahomes.
    Who in the AFC is knocking them off though? They have no weaknesses.

Raiders just did like 2 weeks ago.

The Raiders just beat them and they even put up their usual points.

How about we worry about what is in front of us.

The Chiefs already embarrassed the hell out of us. We won’t have to play them again unless we make it far. Worry about that when the time comes.

I’m more worried about a divisional rival that is in front of us in the standings.

They have lost a game already and came damn close to losing to the Chargers. They aren’t some juggernaut you are making them out to be. Just because they wiped the floor with us doesn’t mean they can’t be beat by another team.

They absolutely have weakness. Teams have successfully slowed them down playing zone(except us of course). Mahomes numbers against zone are for worse than man coverage.

The timing of this thread is odd because the only thing we need to figure out is how to beat Pittsburgh next week
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

I think its a simpler formula then everyone thinks (that doesn't mean its easy).

1) we have to get out of our own heads when it comes to big games. When the ravens play in big games in the LJ era all of a sudden every ounce of pressure is felt by every player. It's ridiculous. I think this is the most important hence why I've listed it first. If we actually start playing up to our potential I think the conversation and perspective about this team changes drastically. Even in spite of injuries and crappy playcalling.

2) The ravens have to win the turnover battle by +2 in the game against the chiefs. And they have to be meaningful game altering takeaways. Not picks at the end of the half or something like that. You can't stop the Chiefs' offense. But if you get 2 turnovers that's a way to get 2 stops and steal some points and swing the points your way, even if it's field goals.

3) Have to establish the run and exploit the defense. The chiefs do have a weakness (don't tell me they don't, everybody does) and it's their defense. On defense they're great against the pass. Mathieu is a ball hawk and Jones is a stellar interior rusher. That's a great way to get a pass defense set up. And they do. But their corners are susceptible to errors, and you've got to run at them and start exposing their LB's and other DL. You've got to keep Mahomes on the sideline, let their offense get cold, put drives together, make their defense tired, and eventually PA will be there and you'll hit the big shots.

4) Don't let mistakes beat you. You can make mistakes against these guys (not too many obviously) but you can't let these mistakes turn into an avalanche and you can't let them get momentum.

5) Need to be able to get pressure with 4 while having a LB play spy while also covering the short middle of the field. Personally I'd have Queen play spy while also covering that short middle of the field and have the other 6 defenders in coverage. It's not blitzing, it keeps our athletes in coverage, our front 4 get pressure (fingers crossed) when Mahomes eventually escapes because he does Queen is there for the sack.

Blog Entries

Worry about that if and when the time comes. The one thing I will say if Ngakoue will help a lot.

I just think it's a given we take the division. I know Pittsburgh is good. But they haven't played anyone great. I don't believe in them.

I'm not satisfied with a division crown this year. If the season doesn't end in a SB win, it's a failure. That's the bottom line.

I'm looking at the big picture.