Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Could the Ravens win without LJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bergman View Post
    All I’m saying as I watched the injury riddled SF 49ers beat up on NE is that is what great coaching can do.
    It has nothing to do with great coaching. SF is an average to above average team. NE is just bad. 49ers were a flash in the pan last season.

Absolutely. Harbs is a top 3 coach. He’s win 7-10 games

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENS89 View Post
    It has nothing to do with great coaching. SF is an average to above average team. NE is just bad. 49ers were a flash in the pan last season.
    I think I disagree with that. The 9ers are well put together. They've got a solid to good group of OL, they have a lot of athletic and physical skill players like Juice, Kittle, Samuel, and their RB's. They have great playcalling. Their offense is beautiful to watch (IMO, im old school) On defense they seem to get good production from the DL that they have left, the L's flow and make plays, and their secondary is ok. If you throw Bosa back in their and their defense is really good. Bosa is that good I feel like. He was DROY and I'm pretty sure some day he'll be challenging for sack leader on a regular basis. Good coaching, lots of talented players all over the place makes for a great team.

Now I do agree with you, the Pats are just bad. So is this win indicative of the 9ers potential or ability? Not really. I think with a mediocre QB (Jimmy G) and some weaknesses in the secondary the 9ers will not be what they were a season ago.

I do think the Ravens would be .500 without Lamar. Harbs would find a way to win a couple of bigger games (Steelers, Bills) but he'd also find ways to lose very winnable games (Eagles, WFT). In smaller games Lamar definitely covers up some sins.

5. Re: Could the Ravens win without LJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bergman View Post
    I say no. Before Jackson took over from Flacco, harbaugh and staff were half a season away from being fired. What’s changed? I don’t think our coaches could even win one game with Jackson on the injured reserved list.
    I'd say that RGIII could win most of the games that Lamar does.

Remember, the Ravens beat the Steelers last year - when the Steelers still had a chance to make the playoffs - with RGIII.

This year, the Ravens defense is better. The Ravens get out to 17 point leads, never fall behind. Except for the Chiefs, the Ravens haven't trailed in a game yet. They have the top defense in the NFL on points given up.

So, the Ravens play the Steelers twice and the Titans. Maybe those are games that RGIII doesn't win. Otherwise, RGIII should do enough to get the win. I'd say that RGIII loses 3 more than Lamar would lose. Might be less. RGIII should do a lot of running. See Lamar's first start. If RGIII runs 26 times, good chance the Ravens are winning that game.

Can Pittsburgh win without Ben?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post

Remember, the Ravens beat the Steelers last year - when the Steelers still had a chance to make the playoffs - with RGIII.

This year, the Ravens defense is better. The Ravens get out to 17 point leads, never fall behind. Except for the Chiefs, the Ravens haven't trailed in a game yet. They have the top defense in the NFL on points given up.

So, the Ravens play the Steelers twice and the Titans. Maybe those are games that RGIII doesn't win. Otherwise, RGIII should do enough to get the win. I'd say that RGIII loses 3 more than Lamar would lose. Might be less. RGIII should do a lot of running. See Lamar's first start. If RGIII runs 26 times, good chance the Ravens are winning that game.
    Dude not sure what games your watching but Rg3 couldn't carry lamars jock! Not in college not his rookie year and most definitely not now!! Better watch more football 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Absolutely. Harbs is a top 3 coach. He’s win 7-10 games
    🤣🤣🤣

Blog Entries

"Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Could the Ravens win without LJ?
    Not enough to win anything in the postseason.

And you are definitely in the minority with that tired old line.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

11. Re: Could the Ravens win without LJ?

Quote Originally Posted by jamb17 View Post
    Dude not sure what games your watching but Rg3 couldn't carry lamars jock! Not in college not his rookie year and most definitely not now!! Better watch more football ������
    What are you talking about?

The Ravens have a better defense than the Redskins had when RGIII won the rookie year and took the Redskins to the playoffs.

I can't go over to pro-football-reference.com and look up what "carry lamars jock" means.

What I can tell you is that running QBs like Lamar and RGIII are better than pocket QBs. RGIII is a running QB and running QBs win.

I started paying close attention to the Ravens when the Ravens had the balls to run with Lamar 26 times a game. There have been QBs who run about as well and throw about as well, the top running QBs. What never happened until Lamar was a QB who ran as often as Lamar, and that wasn't Lamar's doing but the doing of the coaches.

The top running QBs win, running QBs win, and the Ravens have the top defense. I don't see why RGIII wouldn't win most of the games. Lamar would win almost all of the games.

I knew that Lamar would almost never lose after they ran him 26 times. He had a passer rating of 70.1 that game. Is 70.1 a good passer rating? No, not at all. It's bad, actually. But the Ravens won, because a running QB who is fast and a good runner who does that thing that he's good at, running, is going to win more often than not, and is going to win more often than a pocket QB on the same team unless that pocket QB is one of the most excellent pocket QBs. That's just how it is, you can look it up.

What are you talking about?

The Ravens have a better defense than the Redskins had when RGIII won the rookie year and took the Redskins to the playoffs.

I can't go over to pro-football-reference.com and look up what "carry lamars jock" means.

What I can tell you is that running QBs like Lamar and RGIII are better than pocket QBs. RGIII is a running QB and running QBs win.

I started paying close attention to the Ravens when the Ravens had the balls to run with Lamar 26 times a game. There have been QBs who run about as well and throw about as well, the top running QBs. What never happened until Lamar was a QB who ran as often as Lamar, and that wasn't Lamar's doing but the doing of the coaches.

The top running QBs win, running QBs win, and the Ravens have the top defense. I don't see why RGIII wouldn't win most of the games. Lamar would win almost all of the games.

I knew that Lamar would almost never lose after they ran him 26 times. He had a passer rating of 70.1 that game. Is 70.1 a good passer rating? No, not at all. It's bad, actually. But the Ravens won, because a running QB who is fast and a good runner who does that thing that he's good at, running, is going to win more often than not, and is going to win more often than a pocket QB on the same team unless that pocket QB is one of the most excellent pocket QBs. That's just how it is, you can look it up.
    That wins the Interwebs for Clueless Post of the Week.

RGIII is NOT = Lamar.

Running QBs are "better" than pocket QBs? O-kay boss. Pass the weed with that blanket.

And hell, RGIII of 2020 is not even CLOSE to RGIII of 2012, so I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012