Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: How to beat the Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Who’s Jake Locker?
    One of the biggest wasted talents in NFL history due to horrible coaching. But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLocker View Post
    It was pretty good in the playoffs last year if you watched.

In case you didn't notice by my username I've been paying attention to the Titans for a while now..
    That was last year this year they were giving up 25 pts per game going into today and near the bottom of the league in yards allowed. The Ravens with Yannick will be a much tougher test for the Steelers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLocker View Post
    One of the biggest wasted talents in NFL history due to horrible coaching. But I digress.

Five priorities:

1. After two weeks, SHOW UP PREPARED (physically, mentally) AND MOTIVATED (emotionally).

2. On offense, use a ‘balanced attack’ (lots of play-action).

3. On defense, ‘cover your lanes’.

4. Keep mistakes to a minimum.

5. Keep your composure no matter what happens.

Execute the above and thereby keep the game out of the hands of the referee and Harbaugh.

CCx
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 10-27-2020 at 04:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Relax, hit Ben early and often. Be patient, take a shot, don’t abandon the run.
    Solid Cap.
    Although Ben has been getting rid of the ball fast this year. I would also add a game plan for Lamar to take advantage of our linebackers in coverage.
    Looking forward to this game.

Getting the OL straight I think is job #1 on offense.

I wonder what they do at RG, coming out of the bye.

Did you guys watch the titans game??? Steelers were completely shut down second half.

Titans adjust really well.

All you have to do is press take away the slant and mesh routes by playing underneath and leave your safety over the top for the occasional deep pass.

The titans showed in the second half that Steelers receivers aren’t great route runners. If they don’t quick it you (dink and donk) they really have no route tree.

Their gameplan is pretty simple. Underneath throw, until you jump the route and go deep.

I’d say they are going to try to get peters a few times. If I’m the coach I’m telling peters to stay home and stay disciplined. No trying to jump routes.

If we do that we should be able to hold them to about 17

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Did you guys watch the titans game??? Steelers were completely shut down second half.

All you have to do is press take away the slant and mesh routes by playing underneath and leave your safety over the top for the occasional deep pass.

The titans showed in the second half that Steelers receivers aren’t great route runners. If they don’t quick it you (dink and donk) they really have no route tree.

Their gameplan is pretty simple. Underneath throw, until you jump the route and go deep.

I’d say they are going to try to get peters a few times. If I’m the coach I’m telling peters to stay home and stay disciplined. No trying to jump routes.

where's the lie?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

How to beat the Steelers or any team....SACK THE FCUKIN QB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post

Right but thatd after we can stop the running game..... In my mind that's even more important.... It goes without saying. They're going to come out and try to muscle us.

I watched the Titans game too and as poorly as Titans defense was playing in the first half the Steelers offense almost imploded several times....

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Right but thatd after we can stop the running game..... In my mind that's even more important.... It goes without saying. They're going to come out and try to muscle us.

I watched the Titans game too and as poorly as Titans defense was playing in the first half the Steelers offense almost imploded several times....

I’m confident with Bwill and Cambell upfront we can contain there run. They are average when it comes to running. Not top ten. But I do agree Connor is sneaky in the sense he can break off big runs if you fall asleep.

Side note as bad as our offense has looked compared to last year we are still #1 in the league in rushing and lamars stats are better through 6 games this year than through 6 games last year.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post

Conner averaged 4.1 ypc vs. TEN. I was surprised they didn't run more with the lead in the second half. If we shut their run game down, Ben might chuck it 50+ times. I like our defense to turn a couple of those into turnovers.