Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

How to beat the Steelers

Play press coverage, jam their receivers at the line of scrimmage. It seems they like to throw a lot of slants and bubble screens, with the occasional bomb to Claypool. Hopefully the addition of Ngakoue will really boost our pass rush, because Ben has had all day to throw much too often this season from what I've seen. Offensively, this would be a great time for guys like JK Dobbins and Devin Duvernay to have breakout performances. We all know they're going to key in on Hollywood and Andrews. Greg Roman has got to find way to get other guys involved.

The Steelers, even though they're 6-0, haven't looked like worldbeaters in any game except for last week against the Browns.

Re: How to beat the Steelers

We’re just not going to be able to run on these guys. It’s gonna have to be on Lamar and the pass catchers

Blog Entries

Relax, hit Ben early and often. Be patient, take a shot, don’t abandon the run.

If you don’t hit Ben, make him uncomfortable, and get him hearing footsteps it probably isn’t going to work.

Yards on early downs for the offense will be important so that when they do need to execute on third down the Steelers can’t just tee off on obvious passing situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    We’re just not going to be able to run on these guys. It’s gonna have to be on Lamar and the pass catchers
    Throw up the X

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    If you don’t hit Ben, make him uncomfortable, and get him hearing footsteps it probably isn’t going to work.

Yards on early downs will be important so when they do need to execute on third down the Steelers can’t just tee off on obvious passing situations.
    Yannick will help in getting to Big Ben

Stop the run and takeaway all those quickouts that they like to throw, taking away the crossers to JuJu Smith. I expect the Ravens cornerbacks to be physical with those wide receivers and not just let them do what they want to do.

It looks like BIg Jen is Brady-isk on short passes but less so on intermediate and long passes. Agree we need to hit them in the line of scrimmage. I just don’t have a lot of confidence in our OL need positive yards in first down.

Steelers will get 24 points or so on us. The key is going to be generating offense and neutralizing their front 4.

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Play press coverage, jam their receivers at the line of scrimmage. It seems they like to throw a lot of slants and bubble screens, with the occasional bomb to Claypool. Hopefully the addition of Ngakoue will really boost our pass rush, because Ben has had all day to throw much too often this season from what I've seen. Offensively, this would be a great time for guys like JK Dobbins and Devin Duvernay to have breakout performances. We all know they're going to key in on Hollywood and Andrews. Greg Roman has got to find way to get other guys involved.

The Steelers, even though they're 6-0, haven't looked like worldbeaters in any game except for last week against the Browns.
    Problem with this is that they stack their WR’s in bunches a TON. Was the first full game I saw of them this year and thought to myself how much different it looks compared to Steelers offenses from other years.

If they continue that against us, it’s almost impossible to jam at the line. When they throw bunches out there, there secondary needs to play disciplined and not lose assignments.

Blog Entries

Those receivers have quick twitch releases. They’ll get their share of plays, I just hope it’s between the goal lines

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLocker View Post
    Steelers will get 24 points or so on us. The key is going to be generating offense and neutralizing their front 4.
    You sure about that?