Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: NJRaven

Re: NJRaven

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Any person who uses the term ‘Fakey fan’.........
    What did you used to call yourself over there? I can’t remember

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    It's some kind of auto-calculated thing. I think having to do with rep?
    Is that it? Always thought it was number of posts

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Maryland basketball stopped meaning as much to me when Gary Williams retired. Even when the teams have been good, it just hasn't been the same Passion Play as when Gary was stomping the sideline.
    Used to love college basketball “Back in the Day”. Watched any Raycom, Jefferson Pilot, and Big 5 games from the Palestra on channel 8 out of Lancaster. Never missed a Terp game. Lost interest when they switched to 1 and done players. Players would come and go so fast, you never got to know and appreciate the best players.
    Also couldn’t get into watching those big Terp/Iowa or Nebraska games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Also if we’re talking Hall of Fame for RSR board, BcRaven has to be the first one enshrined, the man is a legend
    Amen to that. Also, maybe his sister-in-law could get enshrined too. She's sort of the Earnest Byner of RSR.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Amen to that. Also, maybe his sister-in-law could get enshrined too. She's sort of the Earnest Byner of RSR.
    LOL!

Bc is the Henny Youngman of the board. Get that man a violin!

Ha! JimZip told me I got name-checked, so I figured I'd pop in and say hi. And look at that, my account still works and I even remembered my password! LOL

All's well here. Short story is, my dad and I went to the SB in New Orleans, it was literally a top-five moment in my life, and I wound up coming to the realization that I'd peaked as a Ravens fan. It would never get any better than being in-person for a SB win in an incredibly thrilling game, which was amazing. But it allowed me to just emotionally check myself out of the sport. Why bother getting irritated when something bad happened, when it would literally be all downhill from there? Like Jim said, I disconnected so thoroughly I had to ask whether Lamar really was as good as he seemed to be last year.

The family and I are healthy and happy and living our best lives, as much as anyone can in the midst of a pandemic where my wife - who worked in a unit that would maybe see one or two people die in a year - was coming home daily with stories of another person passing away and occasionally the horror of basically an entire family succumbing to the disease. I honestly can't complain much though. We're both still employed and have been staying safe, and the kids are both great, so it's all good.

I'm not back here...I won't be checking the board. But figured I'd check in and say hi! Hope you're all safe and well! :-)

- Chris
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Not us GB fans. We love you all like your our own family. Steeler fans being jerks doesn’t surprise me.
    Speaking of which, where is CincyCat?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Speaking of Sunspot, and I'm 99.9% sure he never posted here as he was an Orioles homer (Sun forum goers probably already know the name I'm about to say) and I don't think a Ravens fan, but remember Travis Moon? lol.
    I remember him. GinoGiant and GinoMarchetti were to others I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I miss Ghost. He used to always come around for the draft. He knew his shit.
    Not a draftnick, but he was Oldfan in disguise... He wore on me...

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    What did you used to call yourself over there? I can’t remember
    Sword. Only identity crisis was his King Oingo Boingo stage.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

hey psu, thanks for popping in. sounds like life is good and in balance and all. i got to a point a few years ago where i had to take an honest look at whether football fandom was having a negative effect on my life. that Christmas game against the steelers in 2016 was def. the low point. we flew down to spend christmas with my in-laws, and i'm really the only football fan there, and we lost that game in the last few seconds and just the emotional rollercoaster didnt ruin xmas but it did cast a shadow over it for the whole fam. i'm in a better place now. not as invested in the game, but i'm a better father and husband.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    hey psu, thanks for popping in. sounds like life is good and in balance and all. i got to a point a few years ago where i had to take an honest look at whether football fandom was having a negative effect on my life. that Christmas game against the steelers in 2016 was def. the low point. we flew down to spend christmas with my in-laws, and i'm really the only football fan there, and we lost that game in the last few seconds and just the emotional rollercoaster didnt ruin xmas but it did cast a shadow over it for the whole fam. i'm in a better place now. not as invested in the game, but i'm a better father and husband.
    I stepped back from the game for other reasons and as I came back to it, I found my it is "just a game" mentality. No matter how much you despise the other team, most if not all are saying hi, hugging and chatting after the game. Even Raven's steelers at the end of the day are co-workers. Fans need to treat the games more as such and it has a much less of an impact on your overall happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Sword. Only identity crisis was his King Oingo Boingo stage.
    No I swear it was something else, definitely longer. It was still in the whole fantasy dungeons and dragons theme.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    No I swear it was something else, definitely longer. It was still in the whole fantasy dungeons and dragons theme.
    I think it had something to do with Verdite... maybe termite.

Where's RavenIsh?