Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ward fined

Ward fined

Jhad Ward announced on Twitter the league fined him. I assume it's for the late hit on Wentz he was flagged for. Recall they stopped the Eagles on a third down completion at the start of the fourth, which would have set up a fourth and goal. The hit was a beat late; he technically clipped Wentz's chin with the crown of the helmet, which I assume is the reason for the flag. Fractions from being a good play.

Last edited by Shas; 10-24-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Re: Ward fined

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Jhad Ward announced on Twitter the league fined him. I assume it's for the late hit on Wentz he was flagged for. Recall they stopped the Eagles on a third down completion at the start of the fourth, which would have set up a fourth and goal. The hit was a beat late; he technically clipped Wentz's chin with the crown of the helmet, which I assume is the reason for the flag. Fractions from being a good play.

I thought it was called because he landed with all his weight on Wentz.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Not sure. He actually let up a little. Sorry that the clip was banned from Vimeo, apparently

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Ward fined

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    LOL, that's nuthin' moose! Watch this :

https://youtu.be/C__R2dGa6qs

Now that's landing on the QB... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it was the landing with all his weight on him.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

It is harder to see, but clips here show he was a beat late, Wentz's head goes back, Ward tries to hold Wentz up, but they walk back three or for steps, and when Wentz flops backwards Ward comes down on top. Three mistakes, each minor. I could see any of the three being called out.

It is harder to see, but clips here show he was a beat late, Wentz's head goes back, Ward tries to hold Wentz up, but they walk back three or for steps, and when Wentz flops backwards Ward comes down on top. Three mistakes, each minor. I could see any of the three being called out.
    Three mistakes sure, but the fine is uncalled for. I hate the NFL execs for doing shit like that. Fines are supposed to be about intent to injure.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Three mistakes sure, but the fine is uncalled for. I hate the NFL execs for doing shit like that. Fines are supposed to be about intent to injure.
    Fines aren't about intent its about action. There aren't many intentionally trying to injure someone. You fine guys to get them to change how the approach the game. If you want guys to stop dropping their body weight on the qb you fine them.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Totally agree. None of the three were outrageous enough to draw more than an on-field penalty flag. Fines should punish outrageous violations but the NFL uses them to try to prevent future outrageous play. I hate they use them to send messages. The league is awful when it comes to this stuff.

Eagles fans were furious at Jihad!! They wanted Wentz out for the season

That fine's harsh for a marginal mistake by Ward and it's more severe for a player like him who's making just over the minimum salary. It might make him think twice about trying to hit the QB next time rather than wrapping him up.

I thought that was an egregious RTP due to him pinning his arms and crushing him. Just by looking at the stills, CW is towards the end of his throwing motion and Ward is a good 1.5 steps away with his head up. Maybe put a shoulder into him (which would likely draw a flag) but to wrap up and pinning his arms and slamming him LATE. I wouldnt have been surprised if he was ejected.

The REAL BS call was on Campbell barely nudging CW and he gently falls.