Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Do we root for steelers this weekend?

Why the hell do ya guys want a home playoff game?

2. Re: Do we root for steelers this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    Because I look at long-term trends and don't overreact to small samples.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

3. Re: Do we root for steelers this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    This is kind of a fair point. After all, since Lamar has taken over as the starting QB midway through 2018, he has only ever lost to 1 team on the road: The Kansas City Chiefs (x2). Including the postseason, the 'BALamaRavens' have lost a total of 4 games, 6 of which were at home: Two during the regular season (vs. CLE 2019 & vs. KC 2020) & two during the playoffs (vs. LAC 2018 & vs. TEN 2019). Meanwhile, 'BALamar' currently has a streak going of 9 consecutive road victories!

Thus, it may be fair to say that Lamar Jackson is actually a better QB whenever playing away. Furthermore, that would essentially make him the polar opposite of many past Ravens QBs aplenty, particularly Kyle Boller. Hence, Lamar is 'Polar-Boller', so to speak. Granted, Joe Flacco definitely performed better on the road than at home during January. Still, Joe was a better home QB overall, specifically during regular seasons. In fact, aside from Flacco's perennial postseason performances, Steve McNair was the only other Ravens QB who I can remember generally playing better while away.

Whether he was with the Titans or the Ravens, McNair would tend to look pedestrian at best in Baltimore for some reason. That was epitomized in both the 2003 AFC Wild Card & the 2006 AFC Divisional Round, respectively. After all, he committed 3 turnovers in each, despite the Titans escaping with a victory in that aforementioned '03 clash. I suppose that sort of brings us full circle in a comparative sense, since Lamar seems to go into 'Air McNair Mode' come January, as he presses plus simultaneously puts on lackluster displays via 'The VAULTure' (better known as M&T Bank Stadium).

P.S. We all are truly blessed & lucky just to witness Lamar, let alone have him as part (a key cog) of our favorite team! Add this to the list of seemingly never-ending explanations yet another reason as to why that shall remain the case for the foreseeable future, barring any catastrophic calamity: Road wins! Recall how Baltimore was typically a franchise that historically struggled when playing away. Their regular season road records were often indicative of what appeared to be an entirely different team showing up (or lack thereof) on opponents' respective fields. Surely, everyone remembers 2005, an unfortunate season in which the Ravens had a respectable 6-2 home record, but went an abysmal 0-8 away!

Instances of a similar ilk seem long gone now, as those times have changed — and all that really rapidly happened in a hurry, at that! From mid-2018 forward, our favorite franchise emits a swagger, plus provides confidence throughout its collective fanbase of fellow football fanatics deemed 'The Flock'! This is almost always applicable in recent times. No matter where the games are played, we feel as if they will dominate on a weekly basis! Clearly, that mindset coincides with the arrival of a certain superstar taking over the reins! Hopefully sooner than later, he will earn the opportunity to shatter another negative narrative about him, as he & the rest of the gents rewrite the story by demolishing every opponent on a tear en route a glorious & victorious Super Bowl Championship...or several!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleglasses View Post
    I know. Sounds weird and cringey but if our goal is the #1 seed and assuming we beat steelers next week, wouldn't we want the Titans to have that loss more? Or should we be more focused on winning division? I can see both sides of the argument.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

We root for Claypool to have a great fantasy day! Tannahil too, to a lesser extent

Blog Entries

Do we root for steelers this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleglasses View Post
    I know. Sounds weird and cringey but if our goal is the #1 seed and assuming we beat steelers next week, wouldn't we want the Titans to have that loss more? Or should we be more focused on winning division? I can see both sides of the argument.
    I can’t do it. Rooting for the Stillers would just make me feel too dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

No. Delete this.

What are the chances a decent number of fans will be at playoff games this year anyway? Seeding might not matter as much as it usually does.

I have only rooted for the Steelers to give them a worse draft pick and occasionally against the Patriots

Puck Fittsburgh!!!!!!
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Absolutely Not. Go Titans, down with the Steelers.

Always fun watching this type of game with my husband where I can't cheer out loud for the other team

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk