Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Debates

Re: Debates

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    The science is settled. The left hasn’t been right yet on the climate.

What ever happened to endless hurricanes???
    Science is never settled.
    Our understanding of gravity is still massively evolving. Gravity. Einstein already massively overhauled Newton’s laws, but Einstein’s. Still can’t explain a LOT of what is happing in the observable universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StartWearingPurple View Post
    Not during his lifetime so that he'll suffer from it unless someone miscalculated massively. I wouldn't hesitate buying something close to the ocean either, in some parts atleast. Prob not in the New Orleans area though.
    Here's the UN giving a gloom and doom prediction over 30 years ago.
    https://apnews.com/article/bd45c372c...964ea547880cd0

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    about 35 years ago "climate science" became a thing.

Most colleges began offering the major... and dedicated coursework.

Virtual armies of quasi-literate would-be planet-savers signed on

Now there are tens of thousands of these useless eaters. And every single one of them is completely dependent on alarmism and perpetuation of the story.

So they fudge the data... and then go to conferences and smell each other's enviro-farts.

They take in the more gullible fringes of the left, but most people are coming to see this bullshit for what it is.
    Wow... What bubble do you exist in? It's nothing like you describe it. Sciencetists went where the science took them. And for decades now pretty much everything points in the direction of human pollution having an effect on the climate, and literally every day there's new research that supports this, from an abundance of scientific fields, not one.
    The only reason there is still some sort of public debate is because of Oil industry and trash like Koch that has funded and lobbied to seek and sow doubt. Most people that work with this doesn't make money from it. Everyome that try and work against it make money from interests that want's to portray it as first bogus, then solar activity, then natural cycles.

No, I think most people see that we do have an effect on the climate today. If you don't, it's because you don't want to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I am still laughing at Abraham Lincoln is the most racist President ever.

And the poor boys.

And Rudy Guillianmee

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    And ten years before that they were telling us with equal certainty that we were going into another ice age...

Blog Entries

And ten years before that they were telling us with equal certainty that we were going into another ice age...
    I remember hearing that towards the end of the concern.

I also remember how the hole in the ozone layer was going to kill us all.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    It's not the UN consensus but one guy, but yeah, he wasn't that far off. I for one am pretty sure we've already crossed the threshold, now it's about limiting it as much as possible. Temperatures and melting ice has certainly accelerated the last few years.

There was way less scientists that said that then the number that talked about warming back then aswell. Just becasue a tabloid or two put it on their front pages didn't make it a scietific consensus.

Wow... What bubble do you exist in? It's nothing like you describe it. Sciencetists went where the science took them. And for decades now pretty much everything points in the direction of human pollution having an effect on the climate, and literally every day there's new research that supports this, from an abundance of scientific fields, not one.
    The only reason there is still some sort of public debate is because of Oil industry and trash like Koch that has funded and lobbied to seek and sow doubt. Most people that work with this doesn't make money from it. Everyome that try and work against it make money from interests that want's to portray it as first bogus, then solar activity, then natural cycles.

No, I think most people see that we do have an effect on the climate today. If you don't, it's because you don't want to.

Ha Hahahha Hahahha

You are funny. I’d like to see you open for Anthony Jeselnik, It seems like you have that same dark humor with a straight face - style of humor.

College taught me that experiments have hypothesis that must be proven, one alters the data to conform to your desired goal. Yes, all 3 undergrad laboratory science classes expected our data to conform to and represent. Data manipulation wasn’t just acceptable but was expected.

The entire career exists ONLY because of man made global warming. They would ALL be out of a job without it.

But let’s just start with the fact that every climate model is based on the strength/distance/inclination of the Sun being a constant, laughable.

I believe that SOME climate scientists are naive enough to believe they have a thorough enough understanding of the MASSIVELY complex thing that is the Earth’s climate to believe their prediction.
    I believe most KNOW they are selling snake oil with some small chance of being correct.

Blog Entries

I think Trump should have asked Joe if he enjoyed his 4 day nap this week and tell him that being President is a 24/7 job and you can't take days off. He almost got there with his Joe hiding in the basement from Covid. He should have brought up free health care for illegals, which we'll be paying for. Should have brought up defunding the police again.

Blog Entries

Of course humans have an impact on the climate and the environment. To suggest otherwise is to be purposely obtuse. We cut down trees, we drive cars, we farm, we generate lots of trash, we CONSUME. All of that has an impact.

The question that a lot of people cannot answer is to what degree are we impacting the climate in comparison to the natural evolution of the world.

I personally also feel very strongly about researching and implementing alternative energy sources that are cleaner and renewable without having to sacrifice efficiency and without having to completely wreck our economy.

The truth about electric cars is that the batteries are not a renewable source because the lithium has to be mined from earth and that mining process is done using diesel machinery and is very harmful to the environment- particularly water. There is also a question about what do we do with dead lithium batteries from these cars? There is not a good way to dispose of them right bow. Lastly, electric car charging stations that Joe touted tonight are powered by COAL and most attempts to power them via solar and/or wind has not been successful due to a major lack of efficiency (ie, it could be done, but it would take days to charge a car rather than hours).

Wind turbines are also expensive and aren’t that efficient. The parts to make the turbines have to come from gas/coal/oil fired factories and the parts are also harmful to the environment. Also, frankly, no one wants to look out their window at massive wind turbine farms. And, as Trump said, they are a threat to bird populations.

Solar panels have come a long way, but they’re also not efficient. I have solar lights on my driveway and around my house. Unless they are in direct sunlight, they don’t turn on at night.

The one energy source that no one talks about, but should be discussing as a renewable, clean, and efficient energy source is nuclear.

Finally, the biggest reason why so many don’t take the climate change debate seriously is because of how politicized it has become and how businessmen and corrupt snake oil politicians have made oodles of money through fear mongering (ie, Al Gore). They want the government to take over the whole thing because they want power and they want to use it as a way to generate wealth off of the biggest piggy bank in the world - the American taxpayers.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    And Rudy Guillianmee
    Hey, tonight while you’re rolling around in your bed...

Come on man.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.