Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Teams identity going forward

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    KC loaded up on defense going into Mahomes' 3rd year.
    Only because they were already loaded on offense haha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don’t think Hbg is far off. I just looked at the list of Super Bowl winners the past twenty years. At most five went through the playoffs and won the title this way.
    Ravens, Bucs, Steelers, Patriots, Seahawks, Broncos, and to some extent the Giants had at least 1 SB winning this way. Don't forget the first couple of SB trophies was not down to Brady's arm with the Patriots.

There were also some other teams that won with a more balanced approach, so it wasn't exclusively because of an explosive passing offense. In fact, I am struggling to find a team that won exclusively because of a power house offense with an average or worst defense. I guess KC are probably the most recent example of that.

Blog Entries

This team is scoring 30+ a game. They just broke the NFL record for scoring in every quarter of the season. That's their identity

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Leach is on the money. Ozzie and EDC have us sitting pretty. We are well stocked to emulate the 2013 and 2014 Seawhawks (they should have won the second SB) while Lamar is cheap. After we have to pay Lamar, we will still have attractive potential for the 2000 model. Draft a high quality iOL, high quality IDL (to replace Calais after 2021).

And if you think our Number 1 D does not quite match the 2000 legends, how many light years is Lamar ahead of Dilfer?

There's nothing like having a great management team.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This team is scoring 30+ a game. They just broke the NFL record for scoring in every quarter of the season. That's their identity
    👍

If they did get rid of Roman, who would you want to see take his place? Who would allow Lamar to grow?
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Time to fuck some shit up.

Another in season treat. Amazing we get to watch ANOTHER impact player added before the trade deadline for two seasons now. He's going to make everyone better.

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    If they did get rid of Roman, who would you want to see take his place? Who would allow Lamar to grow?
    Get Kubiak back from the Vikings....should have been included in the trade ..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    People here were complaining about Roman when they had the #1 offense in the league and the best Ravens offense of all time, so I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that no matter who they would hire people would still bitch about them.

Our identity will be the same. Run the ball and play strong defense. Tweaks will be made to have a little more balance on offense but we'll still primarily run it. Still need a #3 viable option in our passing game. This way our offense will be built to play with a lead and come from behind.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    This way our offense will be built to play with a lead and come from behind.
    It's not that our offfense is built to play with the lead. Our offense is built to GET the lead. I think we've scored first in nearly every (reg season) game in the Lamar Era. Our Q1 scoring rate is ridiculous. Get 'on 'em and stay 'on 'em.

Last couple games we've lost have featured offensive failures early. Missed read for TD against the Titans, followed by the INT on the first drive. I forget specifics, but the offense bogging down in Q1 vs Chiefs. That wasn't the offense playing poorly "from behind": that was the offense playing poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    It's not that our offfense is built to play with the lead. Our offense is built to GET the lead. I think we've scored first in nearly every (reg season) game in the Lamar Era. Our Q1 scoring rate is ridiculous. Get 'on 'em and stay 'on 'em.

Last couple games we've lost have featured offensive failures early. Missed read for TD against the Titans, followed by the INT on the first drive. I forget specifics, but the offense bogging down in Q1 vs Chiefs. That wasn't the offense playing poorly "from behind": that was the offense playing poorly.
    Getting the lead, playing with a lead. All semantics. I don't know you distinguish an offense built to get a lead from an offense built to play with a lead. My point was that our identity will be running the ball and pass the ball effectively when absolutely necessary.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer