Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    It was no risk in August too.

But if it was offered and dez didn’t take it it’s obviously completely different.
    in August they felt pretty good about the young guys - this week they've publicly called Boykin out and clearly not as confident in him.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I think the most plausible answer is that Dez didn't want to sign on for the PS and was waiting for someone to call with a 53 man spot, along with the Ravens probably not wanting to bring him in and have him looming over the shoulder of their young guys in camp, knowing any time they messed up the fan base and media would be questioning why Dez wasn't playing. 6 weeks in and with no calls, he may have changed his mind, and the Ravens receivers have given them no reason to continue giving them the benefit of the doubt. So, here we are.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The same reason Dez wasn't signed to our PS back then must have been the same reason why 31 other teams didn't sign him all this time. Our interest in him is a hail mary and an indictment on how dissapointing Boykins has been
    Who knows?...maybe we offered him the PS spot before and he refused thinking someone would sign him the the active roster....a few weeks go by and nobody calls, so he agrees to sign to PS.

Blog Entries

I give credit to Dez for not listening to his ego and signing on to a practice squad. Under the new rules a bunch of veterans have done the same. If they are serious about playing NFL football then you do whatever it takes to get on a team. About time that Dez realized that no one is going to just hand him a job. Go and win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    How does he look to you guys?

https://youtu.be/_eHMpZL02s8
    hard to tell without knowing what skill level the defenders were, but looked good to me for what it was. a huge thing i noticed is i didn't hear a single word of trash talk or bragging or any of that. won't know for sure until he takes the field, but initially it seems maybe he's been humbled by his situation? kinda hard to read all that from a practice highlight reel, but i do think this is more encouraging than if he were jawing and spiking the ball every TD. and as i said in the last post, if all he gives us is a tall, skilled red zone threat, i still think it's worth it. having all sub-6' WRs just hurts you so much down there. 5'9", 5'11", 5'11", 5'11". that's the heights of our current WR corp.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    hard to tell without knowing what skill level the defenders were, but looked good to me for what it was. a huge thing i noticed is i didn't hear a single word of trash talk or bragging or any of that. won't know for sure until he takes the field, but initially it seems maybe he's been humbled by his situation? kinda hard to read all that from a practice highlight reel, but i do think this is more encouraging than if he were jawing and spiking the ball every TD. and as i said in the last post, if all he gives us is a tall, skilled red zone threat, i still think it's worth it. having all sub-6' WRs just hurts you so much down there. 5'9", 5'11", 5'11", 5'11". that's the heights of our current WR corp.
    Agree 100%. It’s tough to say. I like the way he’s moving but I can’t really take him mossing those defenders seriously. The video is definitely a little encouraging though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    in August they felt pretty good about the young guys - this week they've publicly called Boykin out and clearly not as confident in him.
    Yeah but that whole time they could have had Dez on the PS?

Just because they sign him to PS in August, doesn't mean the young core isn't the plan? That's where I'm having a hard time with it. Could have done BOTH.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Yeah but that whole time they could have had Dez on the PS?

Just because they sign him to PS in August, doesn't mean the young core isn't the plan? That's where I'm having a hard time with it. Could have done BOTH.
    Maybe Bryant was previously unwilling to sign to a practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Maybe Bryant was previously unwilling to sign to a practice squad
    Mentioned earlier, it's certainly possible. It goes against his "I'll do whatever it takes" offseason messaging (he was asked about being a blocker and shit).

But of course it's possible.

Like I said, not a big deal, but just seemed weird.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Mb he’s the backup tight end

The difference between August and now is Dez has a real good chance to see the field from the PS.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

Ravens plan to add Dez Bryant to practice squad :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ractice-squad/

" Dez Bryant is working out and taking a physical with the Ravens, and if all goes well they plan to add him to their practice squad, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. "

" But under special rules designed to give teams more roster flexibility during the pandemic, the NFL is allowing veterans like Bryant to sign on practice squads. "

He may be a positive addition with low risk... Bc