Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Wouldn't be on the field I'd he didn't pass that conditioning test.
    Yes, true. But there's also contact-ready, and of course the play book.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Which he had down pat in 10 minutes where Boykin is still studying it after 22 games.

Blog Entries

I have a feeling Dez will be active for the game. We know Harbs likes to game the rules and play coy.

Another new, pre-pandemic rule for 2020 as laid out by the CBA: Teams are allowed to promote one or two players from their practice squads to increase their rosters from 53 players to 55 players on game days. Any practice squad player promoted in such a way would revert to the practice squad roster after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I have a feeling Dez will be active for the game. We know Harbs likes to game the rules and play coy.

Another new, pre-pandemic rule for 2020 as laid out by the CBA: Teams are allowed to promote one or two players from their practice squads to increase their rosters from 53 players to 55 players on game days. Any practice squad player promoted in such a way would revert to the practice squad roster after the game.
    I just don't see it. I doubt Dez picked up the playbook and knocked off 3 years of rust (not playing) in 3-4 days of practice. Think it will be at least another week, probably 2-3 weeks, depending on how he looks in practice and how other WRs are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

Yes, teams can elevate two players to the 53 and then return them to the practice squad without cutting them and exposing them to waivers.

I'm not really sure what that non-waiver provision accomplishes however, because if a player is on the practice squad any team can sign them anyway. Yes, you can protect four, but you can't add that protection until 4 pm Tuesday, so that baffles me, too. Maybe it's all just to avoid contractual insanity.

I won't be surprised if Dez is elevated to the 53. But I also won't be surprised if he isn't included on the 48-man game-day active list. Why elevate him, then? Because his weekly pay check would go from $12,000 per week to one-seventeenth of the $1.05 million minimum, or $61,764, and I wouldn't be surprised if his deal with the team for agreeing to sign to the PS included this weekly pay bump.

Well, fingers and toes still crossed. Dez has now made it through 3 practices. It think it was his second or third practice with the Saints when he tore his achilles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Well, fingers and toes still crossed. Dez has now made it through 3 practices.
    Isn't it just two? I thought he joined on Thursday.

Harbs said it was 3, but he could have been off.

Harbaugh said. “I thought he had a good week. It’s only three practices in after quite a layoff, but he looked good and he’s excited..."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...acticing-hard/

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The only play he needs to know is run down the field 10 yards or so, make a move, and turn around in a spot where Lamar's anticipating you to be. We've seen where Boykin's extensive knowledge of the playbook has gotten us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    The only play he needs to know is run down the field 10 yards or so, make a move, and turn around in a spot where Lamar's anticipating you to be. We've seen where Boykin's extensive knowledge of the playbook has gotten us.
    Yea, what this guy said. Just like. Run and and catch it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Yea, what this guy said. Just like. Run and and catch it

Pretty much what's been missing, as simplistic as it is. I have a strong opinion on what makes a person overcome obstacles and succeed.

Dez has it in spades, especially when he realized he might have lost the chance to ever play again. An Alpha dog with skill, highly motivated to show himself and every doubter out there that his opponents doubt him at there own peril.

I believe he will flourish here while helping the other receivers get open. His knowledge can help such a young group immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Pretty much what's been missing, as simplistic as it is. I have a strong opinion on what makes a person overcome obstacles and succeed.

Dez has it in spades, especially when he realized he might have lost the chance to ever play again. An Alpha dog with skill, highly motivated to show himself and every doubter out there that his opponents doubt him at there own peril.

I believe he will flourish here while helping the other receivers get open. His knowledge can help such a young group immensely.
    I'm excited for Dez and am keeping my expectations in check. But he is the kind of guy we need in there, you know he's damn hungry too.

If he scores a TD for us... I'm buying his jersey. Never bought an offensive players jersey

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart