Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    The different between now and August was that there was a lot more faith in our young receivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Because the Ravens believed in Boykin and are finally coming to a realization he may not be the immediate answer.
    This is the position I would take too, especially in light of Harbaugh and Culley's critical comments of Boykin this week. Perhaps the PS signing is meant to kick Boykin in the ass and if he doesn't improve, they'll bring Dez up and give him those snaps.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Because the Ravens believed in Boykin and are finally coming to a realization he may not be the immediate answer.
    Right. There is probably more impetus to improve the position than before. In addition, maybe Dez wasn’t amendable to being on the PS because he wanted to hold out for a roster spot. Now that’s obvious that isn’t happening this year.

I think this is the correct answer. They could be trying to light a fire under his ass as well.

Maybe this move is part of the process to woo AB by making it seem like they're trying to build a Superbowl offense - Dez is still a big name at least.

More likely s.r. genovese is right though, Dez has finally realised that he's not getting an active roster spot anyhwere.

But he would have been on the practice squad?

It does nothing to impact the active 53 guys. They're still taking all the 1st and 2nd team practice reps. THey're still the focus. Dez would have been treated just like any other PS players.

The upside is he would have been learning the playbook/getting in shape the whole time.

I dont know - just seems weird to me to wait.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    But he would have been on the practice squad?

It does nothing to impact the active 53 guys. They're still taking all the 1st and 2nd team practice reps. THey're still the focus. Dez would have been treated just like any other PS players.

The upside is he would have been learning the playbook/getting in shape the whole time.

I dont know - just seems weird to me to wait.
    Dez would have to want to be on the PS in August. I doubt he wanted that.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    I think this is the correct answer. They could be trying to light a fire under his ass as well.
    Wouldn't that fire have been lit preseason too then?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Misdirection before signing AB.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Dez would have to want to be on the PS in August. I doubt he wanted that.
    Yeah that's certainly possible. It goes against what he said publicly, but obviously we don't know.

Good point.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

beat me to it.

seems like no risk move and maybe he will be an addition after thanksgiving...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    beat me to it.

seems like no risk move and maybe he will be an addition after thanksgiving...
    It was no risk in August too.

But if it was offered and dez didn’t take it it’s obviously completely different.
    - Ray Lewis

This team has absolutely no money to sign anyone else unless some guys are restructured. Still not even sure how the trade today is fitting under the cap.