Page 1 of 27 123 ... LastLast

ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1319302058445578241

The #Ravens plan to sign veteran WR Dez Bryant to the practice squad if his workout goes well and he passes a physical, source said. Baltimore previously worked out Bryant in August, so this is more of a check-in. He should land in Baltimore, finally.

Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

Practice squad seems like a good move. Let him get into shape, learn the playbook, and see if he can help late in season. If he still sucks then whatever, no loss. It serves as a potential insurance policy for Boykin as well as a kick in the ass that he needs to get on the same page with Lamar or else someone is coming for his job.

eh.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Oh so it’s this and not AB. Oh well it can’t hurt I guess.

So from what I've been told - he looked awful in August. Out of shape, not particularly crisp.

So unless a lot has changed in 2 months, this is probably nothing. He may never even get an active game in.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Interesting, I guess subtle acknowledgement that what they have isn't good enough *cough*. I'm just not sure how much he's really going to help them, if/when they bring him up.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    So from what I've been told - he looked awful in August. Out of shape, not particularly crisp.

So unless a lot has changed in 2 months, this is probably nothing. He may never even get an active game in.
    They probably feel like they can get him into shape on the practice squad. And then when he's in shape there is a small chance they'll have something with him late in the season. I also think, even if Dez ultimately does nothing, it's a subtle message to Boykin that they are actively looking for other options so he better figure it out.

Dez Bryant is younger than Aj Green btw.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    They probably feel like they can get him into shape on the practice squad. And then when he's in shape there is a small chance they'll have something with him late in the season. I also think, even if Dez ultimately does nothing, it's a subtle message to Boykin that they are actively looking for other options so he better figure it out.
    The question is - why hasn't he just been on PS the whole time then?

He could have been working out, in an NFL facility and learning the playbook?

Whole thing doesn't make sense to me IMHO. Not trying to be negative, just trying to figure it out.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The question is - why hasn't he just been on PS the whole time then?

He could have been working out, in an NFL facility and learning the playbook?

Whole thing doesn't make sense to me IMHO. Not trying to be negative, just trying to figure it out.
    Because the Ravens believed in Boykin and are finally coming to a realization he may not be the immediate answer.

The different between now and August was that there was a lot more faith in our young receivers.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Interesting move. Curious move.

Could be (all reasonable speculation)
    1. Light a fire under Boykin
    2. Mentor Boykin
    3. Reduction in leverage for other teams trying to trade with Ravens (AJ Green, AB, Fuller, Cobb, Cooks, etc...)
    4. Smokescreen for something else
    5. Test fan reaction to player with DV history
    6. Maybe they just like him
    7. Maybe as a favor to or placate someone
    8. Something else I haven't thought of

This doesn't seem like a straight forward move but also seems low risk