Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

I don't care if he only learns one play - let him run down the field 10 yards turn and catch a ball from Lamar. Boykin sure cant do it - seems he'd be on the other side of the field than where Lamar wants him.

Don't they have a little flexibility about pulling vets up from the practice squad and then going back down without having to go through waivers. Maybe that was the deal with Dez to begin with - the initial contract says practice squad but they pull him up off it for game day (and he gets a game day check) and then goes back down -wash, rinse and repeat for a couple of weeks until he really learns the playbook. Meanwhile they can use him in games. It would seem to give them some flexibility with the cap while they are doing this as he will only count one game day paycheck at a time. Pure speculation - but maybe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    That was #81 who bobbled it, Boykin is #80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jaylon Moore. Never draft a WR with the last name Moore again. Like a bad law firm Taylor, Moore, and Periman.

If Dez truly is football ready and is near his old speed, I think him and Lamar could have a deadly connection

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    That was #81 who bobbled it, Boykin is #80.
    Any idea who #81 is?

We didn't have an 81 last week, so I was assuming Proche, who had #11 before Dez showed up. But maybe that player is too big to be Proche?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Any guesses as to whether DEZ will be active for Sunday's game.
    Hard to imagine he's in "football shape", esp for a Harbs team. So my first guess would be naw.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    i think it'll happen at the right time though, this is a good organization. maybe not even next game, maybe two weeks from now.
    That sounds about right.

7. Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Lmao Boykin bobbling the ball while Dez is just snatching that shit.
    Except for the fact that Boykin is #80, not #81, which is Jaylon Moore of the PS. Boykin is standing there in line with 'Hollywood' & Co. the entire time throughout that video. It shows him just watching three other players run the drill — including the tail end of the first guy (can't make out who), followed by Jaylon & then Dez.

8. Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Any idea who #81 is?

We didn't have an 81 last week, so I was assuming Proche, who had #11 before Dez showed up. But maybe that player is too big to be Proche?
    That is Jaylon Moore from the Practice Squad, even though it shows Antoine Wesley's picture (for a second time, as he is also shown with correct picture on IR) via the official team website roster. Similar mistakes (e.g. Terrell Bonds being included as part of the active roster for weeks after only actually being active once vs. KC) occur on a regular basis. I suppose whoever is in charge of the website updates seems to have just as much trouble as us fans keeping up with things. James Proche II is the other #11 standing & watching in line with the rest of the WRs. Dez is officially #88, but just wearing #11 to act as Chase Claypool (per multiple sources).
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 10-28-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Any idea who #81 is?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Jaylon Moore. Never draft a WR with the last name Moore again. Like a bad law firm Taylor, Moore, and Periman.

Uhhh... posted it right after the question came up...

Blog Entries

I don't care if he only learns one play - let him run down the field 10 yards turn and catch a ball from Lamar. Boykin sure cant do it - seems he'd be on the other side of the field than where Lamar wants him.

Don't they have a little flexibility about pulling vets up from the practice squad and then going back down without having to go through waivers. Maybe that was the deal with Dez to begin with - the initial contract says practice squad but they pull him up off it for game day (and he gets a game day check) and then goes back down -wash, rinse and repeat for a couple of weeks until he really learns the playbook. Meanwhile they can use him in games. It would seem to give them some flexibility with the cap while they are doing this as he will only count one game day paycheck at a time. Pure speculation - but maybe
    IMO at this point, he's just not ready yet. Another week or two, and we'll see him, but even then with limited playing time... Bc

Any guesses as to whether DEZ will be active for Sunday's game.
    Nah. Maybe the second one.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Hard to imagine he's in "football shape", esp for a Harbs team. So my first guess would be naw.
    Wouldn't be on the field I'd he didn't pass that conditioning test.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk