Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: ravens will sign DEZ to practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Boykin needs a bit more time IMHO and he'll hopefully get there with an actual full offseason with the coaches next year.
    Boykin would also – and I know this isn't happening, but – playing behind Julio Jones for half a season would be great for Boykin. Prep for a game with a pro's pro at X-receiver, take reps behind him, sit in the WR's room with him looking at film. Copy every damn thing he does from taping his wrist to how he holds his pen.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Boykin would also – and I know this isn't happening, but – playing behind Julio Jones for half a season would be great for Boykin. Prep for a game with a pro's pro at X-receiver, take reps behind him, sit in the WR's room with him looking at film. Copy every damn thing he does from taping his wrist to how he holds his pen.
    If we get Julio I don't think Boykin is playing much until Julio's contract is up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, he won’t run a good route, but at least he’ll know which one to try and run.
    And he will fight for the ball. Dez wasn’t no pushover in his days in Dallas and I don’t think he would be here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The question is - why hasn't he just been on PS the whole time then?

He could have been working out, in an NFL facility and learning the playbook?

Whole thing doesn't make sense to me IMHO. Not trying to be negative, just trying to figure it out.
    My guess is ..in camp Dez has hopes of some team signing him to the roster. Now ..week 6 he has a chance to catch on with a contender and play his way on the team. Puts the ball in his court to play hard , learn the playbook and get time with Lamar. Cheap deal for the team.

Ummmm . . . Yeah. Sure
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

I think there's a whole another angle with taking a look at Dez now. We're seeing with the Chiefs this season that they have all these field stretchers and now defenses have adapted by staying back and limiting the big plays. Because of this, Mahomes isn't lighting up the stat sheet like he was two years ago. BUT, now he's having these gaping holes to run through and hurting defenses that way. This all started in the post season last year and has carried into this year. With Lamar, it's been the total opposite. Last year he had gaping holes to run through, and then starting in the playoffs, and carrying into this year, defenses have figured out how to clog the lanes so those holes aren't there as much now. Unlike KC, we only have one field stretcher and it's well known that Lamar has struggled to connect with him on deep balls, so defenses don't really need to respect that as much. If Dez can be on the field and resemble a legitimate deep threat, that can open things up a lot more for the rest of the offense.

I don’t think Dez is stretching the field anymore. He’s way to slow too get behind anyone. At best he’s gonna be making tough catches on slants on 3rd down and fades near the end zone.

Blog Entries

I don't know how much Dez can help the Ravens, but it's proof positive that DeCosta and Co. have recognized the need to upgrade @ WR, at little co$t. Let's see if EDC has another ace up his sleeve and/or Duvernay gets more playing time action... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I don’t think Dez is stretching the field anymore. He’s way to slow too get behind anyone. At best he’s gonna be making tough catches on slants on 3rd down and fades near the end zone.
    redzone target

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Dez could be another mid-range target, and we recover some of what we lost not having a third TE, minus the in-line blocking.

So maybe whatever routes or roles Hurst played in the passing game that we aren't getting from anyone else currently.

Did we sign Dez yet? I just looked at PS on Ravens site and I do not see him there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by gretzky_scores View Post
    Did we sign Dez yet? I just looked at PS on Ravens site and I do not see him there yet?
    I think he still needs to take his physical for it to be official.