Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Blog Entries

Re: Hunter biz partner confirms email, details Joe Biden’s push to make millions from China: Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Well thanks for calling people ignorant morons.

Shokin was indeed investigating Burisma. But let me see if I can lay this out so you can put this preschool puzzle together.

You see, the whole reason Hunter was on their board is so they could use his relationship to Joe Biden for occasions just like this. Hunter had no other job than to call Joe when needed to help Burisma. And Joe used your tax dollars, and mine, to coerce Shokin's firing.

Now I might be "an ignorant, far right moron" but I believe I could put those few pieces of this ridiculously easy puzzle together. Perhaps you aren't enough of "an ignorant, far right moron" to do so.

Text IDoYourDirtyWorkForMillions to 30330.
    Shokin was not investigating Burisma when he got fired. He didn't investigate Burisma at all. There was an open investigation when he took office as Prosecutor General, but no one was working it. It was dormant when he got fired two years later. It was also an investigation into Zlochevsky's actions while in the Yanukovich Administration, basically funneling business to Burisma (in which he still had a controlling stake). Shokin himself never claimed he was investigating Burisma until he submitted an entirely irrelevant affadavit to a Vienna court on behalf of Dmitry Firtash. Firtash is the associate of the Russian mob who, shortly after Giuliani started splashing around Ukraine with Parnas and Fruman, hired Joseph DiGenova and Victoria Toensig, along with Parnas and Fruman, and that's when Shokin shows up to give his allegations that he was ousted over Biden-Burisma.

Hunter Biden was probably hired for his name. He wasn't the only American. Alan Apter is who hired he and Archer for the board. He also hired Joseph Cofer Black. Another Western board member was a former President of Poland. Your "whole reason" is wild speculation, and it falls flat as Burisma didn't call Joe- through Hunter or otherwise- to settle their problem with the Prosecutor General's Office. They paid a fine and some back taxes after Shokin was out of office.

Your speculation is also rebutted by the interagency process that led to the decision by Obama to demand his ouster. It wasn't Joe who made the decision. It wasn't Joe who came up with it: people at State had been pushing it for many months. Joe Biden was a figurehead with respect to Ukraine policy. He was made the head of the delegation to indicate how seriously the U.S. took Ukraine in our foreign policy, not to make decisions.

You're not putting a puzzle together. You're drawing a picture based off imaginary evidence that don't match reality. Try finding the pieces instead of just making things up.
    Last edited by bacchys; 10-25-2020 at 01:07 AM.

Re: Hunter biz partner confirms email, details Joe Biden’s push to make millions from China: Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No, I don't think it is unique at all. I have no doubt that many politicians and their respective families are profiting from their name, position, and access. There are far too many politicians that go into office with not a lot or a moderate amount and after a few years they have absurd wealth.

Just look at Joe Biden - the guy has 5 houses. Bernie Sanders is a multi-millionaire that travels on private jets and black car limo services and has multiple houses.

Yet, these people want to lecture Americans on inequality, inequity, wealth gaps, etc. They do this - 100% - to keep the spotlight off of them and their own hypocrisy.

Also, just so you know, I have no doubt that the same can be said for Republican politicians as well.

Personally, I don't think politicians should get a salary at all, or if they do, it should be what the national average is...not the high 6-figure salaries (plus all of the stupid benefits) that they currently get. I think they should get a stipend when Congress is in session. These are all businessmen and women, lawyers, board members, and so on. But that's a whole different topic.
    Agreed. Make it a part time job again.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Well thanks for calling people ignorant morons.

Shokin was indeed investigating Burisma. But let me see if I can lay this out so you can put this preschool puzzle together.

You see, the whole reason Hunter was on their board is so they could use his relationship to Joe Biden for occasions just like this. Hunter had no other job than to call Joe when needed to help Burisma. And Joe used your tax dollars, and mine, to coerce Shokin's firing.

Now I might be "an ignorant, far right moron" but I believe I could put those few pieces of this ridiculously easy puzzle together. Perhaps you aren't enough of "an ignorant, far right moron" to do so.

Text IDoYourDirtyWorkForMillions to 30330.
    You mean the dirty deeds are not in fact done dirt cheap?

Blog Entries

Politicians should get a salary, and it shouldn't be a small one. Low pay creates a demand for corruption.

Elected officials shouldn't get a pension, however. It shouldn't be a career.

I'm not a fan of term limits because the ballot box already provides a term limit, but we do need to quit allowing politicians to pick the voters instead of the other way 'round. It's supposed to be the other way 'round. Gerrymandering has got to go.

First past the post and the primary system also entrench the corrupt major parties and prevent politics from being a true marketplace of ideas, so how we vote also needs to change. Personally, I prefer Ranked Choice Voting, but even a non-partisan runoff system would be much preferable to what we have now. Either would help end the political polarization we're experiencing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Politicians should get a salary, and it shouldn't be a small one. Low pay creates a demand for corruption.

Elected officials shouldn't get a pension, however. It shouldn't be a career.

I'm not a fan of term limits because the ballot box already provides a term limit, but we do need to quit allowing politicians to pick the voters instead of the other way 'round. It's supposed to be the other way 'round. Gerrymandering has got to go.

First past the post and the primary system also entrench the corrupt major parties and prevent politics from being a true marketplace of ideas, so how we vote also needs to change. Personally, I prefer Ranked Choice Voting, but even a non-partisan runoff system would be much preferable to what we have now. Either would help end the political polarization we're experiencing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Would definitely be nice to see pensions go away. Gerrymandering going away would be awesome as well. The Maryland map around Baltimore is absurd.