Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens trading for ngakoue

While the 2019 defense was "opportunistic" it wasn't all that great. I think the identity of the 2020 team is clear. They are already #1 in defensive DVOA and they will only get better with this trade. The formula of a #1 defense along with an above-league average offense is certainly one that can win a Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think that is the next and probably last move EDC makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We could use another receiving tight end

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    (As usual) Outstanding work Bc!

@AaronKazreports: More from Eric DeCosta on the #Ravens trading for Yannick Ngakoue: "Finally, we are not finished building this team, as we continue to chase our ultimate goals.”

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This is basically a team making a move to go for it all, they know they were a star player away from being a SB team. This makes it possible for the defense on paper to be as good as the 2013 Seahawks d
    The big thing is that they did that without "selling the farm". They didn't give up 1sts like we saw the Rams do. A 3rd and a 5th for that opportunity? That's easy money.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    Not a huge fan of giving up a 3rd and 5th for a barely half a season rental, but he's a good pass rusher at least.
    1st off, the Ravens still have 10 games to play. 2nd, a Super Bowl contender (which I believe the Ravens are) sometimes needs to make a bold move. He's 25 years old, with 42.5 sacks in 69 games, including 5 this year! 3rd, it is possible that we extend his contract. However, if we don't IMO it was still worth the risk... Bc

Blog Entries

LETS FUCKING GO!!!!

We just got a 25 year old legit pass rusher for peanuts. FUCK YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This is basically a team making a move to go for it all, they know they were a star player away from being a SB team. This makes it possible for the defense on paper to be as good as the 2013 Seahawks d
    Exactly, and it helps with being down the starting and backup nickle corners (Please get better Anthony!).

PS Same (and more) prayers for Tavon but we know that injury is a longer healing process.

8. Re: Ravens trading for ngakoue

On paper our front 4 is the best in the league. Now its time to play like it

Maybe Judon’s production will increase with Yannick rushing on the opposite side to him. Still 10 games left to play.

Great move for the Ravens. Obviously improves them this year...then multiple option for next year and beyond.

1) Resign Ngakoue and let Judon walk (and hopefully get a comp pick)
    2) Resign Judon and let Ngakoue walk (and hopefully get a comp pick)
    3) Let both walk and possibly get 2 comp picks.

I think option 1 is most likely; however, having Judon does give the Ravens some leverage with contract negotiations. Maybe Judon thinks his market won't be as strong and signs for cheaper, etc.

I really think this gives a chance for this defense this year to be dominant once everyone gels, and Queen gets more experience. I think Judon will be a great complimentary pass rusher with Ngakoue on the other side...he excelled when Suggs was there. Those 2 + Campbell putting heat on the QB with Humphrey and Peters in the secondary sounds pretty darn good to me!

Blog Entries

The impact of getting Yannick would be significantly mitigated if the Ravens were to trade Judon now. They should keep Judon for the rest of this season and let him walk in FA.

It also reduces his leverage

Blog Entries

WOW
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

12. Re: Ravens trading for ngakoue

This team has to go for it now. Too many big contracts coming up.