Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Biden Court Position

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It’s precisely the issue. You said we’re upset that the other side is doing something we’re okay with when our side did or wanted to do something. So the question is then -when have a Republicans wanted to pack the SCOTUS?
    What do you call breaking years of precidence by holding supreme court seat open for a year? Or refusing to hold hearings for Obama judicial appointments at the lower and district levels. There were at least a hundred vacancies orchestrated by GOP Mitch. In essence, he did that to "pack" the court if the adminstrations changed.

These are two example of how the GOP used their power to effect the court. Now you response did upper case SCOTUS, so I think you are narrowly asking about that...because maybe you know at the lower levels they did pack the court.

From the article I sent, it does say FDR increased the court. Obviously he is not GOP. So if the term pack means add additional members...then I have no examples.... indirectly, what they did to Garlen, had the same effect.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Assuming he is the one sitting at said desk...
    Lol..nice one

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    I think this court packing argument and gripes is meaningless. When Mcconnell changed the rules to allow a simple majority to put a judge on the supreme court, this is what happens.

Prior to that, you needed 60 which forced bipartisan support. If the Dems win the Senate and add two justices, the GOP will get exactly what they deserve by upping the ante by throwing the supreme court into the mix. They won't be able to reasonably cry bloody murder after their 51 vote stunt.

So when these stunts are on a person's political side, it's ok. But it is HORRIBLE when the other side doors it. Whatever argument one could say why this is bad, the retort would be the same on what the other side did.

Again, Harry Reid started it....but bad on top of bad, breeds more bad.

The nuclear option created by Reid was only to fill vacancies. The dems are wanting to end filibusting alltogether. A whole diffrent level

Blog Entries

My perspective on the courts has always been that judges should be conservative in their interpretation of the Constitution and of the Law. I dont want activist judges. I don't want an activist court.

We have Congress that is supposed to be the body of activism in creating legislation and the Executive Branch that is the body that executes the legislation.

If the Court turns into another legislative body, the whole thing crumbles.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

What do you call breaking years of precidence by holding supreme court seat open for a year? Or refusing to hold hearings for Obama judicial appointments at the lower and district levels. There were at least a hundred vacancies orchestrated by GOP Mitch. In essence, he did that to "pack" the court if the adminstrations changed.

These are two example of how the GOP used their power to effect the court. Now you response did upper case SCOTUS, so I think you are narrowly asking about that...because maybe you know at the lower levels they did pack the court.

From the article I sent, it does say FDR increased the court. Obviously he is not GOP. So if the term pack means add additional members...then I have no examples.... indirectly, what they did to Garlen, had the same effect.

It’s not packing the court. Adding more justices is. And they haven’t tried to do that. So it’s not the same thing.

Come on man..you know that statement or commission to research is basically a get out of jail for free card. It's just like when Trump says " many people say"

I venture if the Congress flips and this gets put on his desk to sign...being a stubborn old man who wants to try to work with Republicans, he would veto it. He just can't say that now. Just like you know he isn't down with defunding the police. You guys try to make him someone he is not.
    You seem to be a lot more trusting of the establishment than most people.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other." - Ronald Reagan

You people are fools. Republicans have already packed the court. Democrats simply want to "unpack" it. Don't you all feel stupid now.

Racism = Anti-racism
    Fascism = Anti-fascism
    Packing the court = Unpacking the court

Anyone who thinks these word games are not deliberate is fooling themselves.

One more.

1984 = 2020

I think this court packing argument and gripes is meaningless. When Mcconnell changed the rules to allow a simple majority to put a judge on the supreme court, this is what happens.

Prior to that, you needed 60 which forced bipartisan support. If the Dems win the Senate and add two justices, the GOP will get exactly what they deserve by upping the ante by throwing the supreme court into the mix. They won't be able to reasonably cry bloody murder after their 51 vote stunt.

So when these stunts are on a person's political side, it's ok. But it is HORRIBLE when the other side doors it. Whatever argument one could say why this is bad, the retort would be the same on what the other side did.

Again, Harry Reid started it....but bad on top of bad, breeds more bad.

McConnell was just doing what the dems did 2 or three years early. The dem senate under Obama voted to get rid of fillabusters is every other instance except the SC. Don’t try to blame this on McConnell. This was a dem power move and McConnell just slapped them back

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    You people are fools. Republicans have already packed the court. Democrats simply want to "unpack" it. Don't you all feel stupid now.

Racism = Anti-racism
    Fascism = Anti-fascism
    Packing the court = Unpacking the court

Anyone who thinks these word games are not deliberate is fooling themselves.

One more.

1984 = 2020

???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    ???
    He’s saying we’re calling things the opposite of what they are so people are okay with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    ???
    Democrats are trying to convince the unwashed masses and their delusional follower, of which we have many on this board who will swallow anything (MUH RUSSIA!), that what Republicans are doing is "packing the court". It's deliberate conflation/confusion. It's what they do. The Democratic party is the party of Orwell's 1984 now.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Democrats are trying to convince the unwashed masses and their delusional follower, of which we have many on this board who will swallow anything (MUH RUSSIA!), that what Republicans are doing is "packing the court". It's deliberate conflation/confusion. It's what they do. The Democratic party is the party of Orwell's 1984 now.
    Exactly.

illegal immigration = immigration
    abortion = healthcare (Margaret Sanger = healthcare advocate)
    rioting/looting = peaceful protests
    etc

This is not a new trick.

They do it because it unfortunately works.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other." - Ronald Reagan