Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Biden Court Position

Read this morning that he will form a commission to look at court reform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Biden Court Position

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Read this morning that he will form a commission to look at court reform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ahhh classic DC move to avoid any blame. It wasn’t me, this blue ribbon commission of highly respected bureaucrats/professors of law recommended this is best....

Blog Entries

And by court reform he means outright stuffing the court.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    And by court reform he means outright stuffing the court.
    Pretty much.

I guess before they destroy the Constitution outright...they've gotta destroy the judicial system first. Makes sense.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other." - Ronald Reagan

I think this court packing argument and gripes is meaningless. When Mcconnell changed the rules to allow a simple majority to put a judge on the supreme court, this is what happens.

Prior to that, you needed 60 which forced bipartisan support. If the Dems win the Senate and add two justices, the GOP will get exactly what they deserve by upping the ante by throwing the supreme court into the mix. They won't be able to reasonably cry bloody murder after their 51 vote stunt.

So when these stunts are on a person's political side, it's ok. But it is HORRIBLE when the other side doors it. Whatever argument one could say why this is bad, the retort would be the same on what the other side did.

Again, Harry Reid started it....but bad on top of bad, breeds more bad.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Pretty much.

I guess before they destroy the Constitution outright...they've gotta destroy the judicial system first. Makes sense.
    If the Senate passed law..is it destroying the constitution? That's McConnell's argument.

https://www.history.com/news/7-thing...-supreme-court

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    I think this court packing argument and gripes is meaningless. When Mcconnell changed the rules to allow a simple majority to put a judge on the supreme court, this is what happens.

Prior to that, you needed 60 which forced bipartisan support. If the Dems win the Senate and add two justices, the GOP will get exactly what they deserve by upping the ante by throwing the supreme court into the mix. They won't be able to reasonably cry bloody murder after their 51 vote stunt.

So when these stunts are on a person's political side, it's ok. But it is HORRIBLE when the other side doors it. Whatever argument one could say why this is bad, the retort would be the same on what the other side did.

Again, Harry Reid started it....but bad on top of bad, breeds more bad.

When have the republicans wanted to pack the SCOTUS?

If the Senate passed law..is it destroying the constitution? That's McConnell's argument.

https://www.history.com/news/7-thing...-supreme-court
    Here's the funny thing about politicians...

If an architect designs a building and the building collapses, that architect's career is pretty much over. When a doctor is found to be at the center of multiple malpractice lawsuits for incompetence, that doctor's career is pretty much over. When a financial investment advisor is found to be involved in fraud, their career is pretty much over. Why is it that when a politician completely fucks up...they not only continue on in their career, but they're elevated within the profession.

You think the guy who wrote, lobbied for, paraded around, supported, and bragged about the single worst piece of legislation in 50 years is competent enough to oversee reforming the judicial system?

Biden's career should've ended with that bill. In any other profession, it would have.

Keeping that guy away from EVERYTHING related to law is probably in the country's and the Constitution's best interest.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    When have the republicans wanted to pack the SCOTUS?
    That's deflecting. That's not the issue. The issue is that in order for the GOP to get their way...they changed the rules to get their folks to the supreme court. So people cannot reasonably argue if the Dems change the rules to get what they want. Why is one rule accepted, and the other isn't. My belief is that these things are accepted when peole agree with it....even when they know it's wrong.

Technically if the house pushed a law to congress to increase justices to 11....and because Mitch established that we need just 51 votes to pass supreme court related issues....then it's legitimate right?

It's would be lawful. This was my whole point. They would get what they wished for....so those who disagree need to hope the Senate stays with the GOP..or Trump still around to veto it.

Blog Entries

That's deflecting. That's not the issue. The issue is that in order for the GOP to get their way...they changed the rules to get their folks to the supreme court. So people cannot reasonably argue if the Dems change the rules to get what they want. Why is one rule accepted, and the other isn't. My belief is that these things are accepted when peole agree with it....even when they know it's wrong.

Technically if the house pushed a law to congress to increase justices to 11....and because Mitch established that we need just 51 votes to pass supreme court related issues....then it's legitimate right?

It's would be lawful. This was my whole point. They would get what they wished for....so those who disagree need to hope the Senate stays with the GOP..or Trump still around to veto it.

It’s precisely the issue. You said we’re upset that the other side is doing something we’re okay with when our side did or wanted to do something. So the question is then -when have a Republicans wanted to pack the SCOTUS?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Here's the funny thing about politicians...

If an architect designs a building and the building collapses, that architect's career is pretty much over. When a doctor is found to be at the center of multiple malpractice lawsuits for incompetence, that doctor's career is pretty much over. When a financial investment advisor is found to be involved in fraud, their career is pretty much over. Why is it that when a politician completely fucks up...they not only continue on in their career, but they're elevated within the profession.

You think the guy who wrote, lobbied for, paraded around, supported, and bragged about the single worst piece of legislation in 50 years is competent enough to oversee reforming the judicial system?

Biden's career should've ended with that bill. In any other profession, it would have.

Keeping that guy away from EVERYTHING related to law is probably in the country's and the Constitution's best interest.
    Come on man..you know that statement or commission to research is basically a get out of jail for free card. It's just like when Trump says " many people say"

I venture if the Congress flips and this gets put on his desk to sign...being a stubborn old man who wants to try to work with Republicans, he would veto it. He just can't say that now. Just like you know he isn't down with defunding the police. You guys try to make him someone he is not.

Blog Entries

Come on man..you know that statement or commission to research is basically a get out of jail for free card. It's just like when Trump says " many people say"

I venture if the Congress flips and this gets put on his desk to sign...being a stubborn old man who wants to try to work with Republicans, he would veto it. He just can't say that now. Just like you know he isn't down with defunding the police. You guys try to make him someone he is not.

Assuming he is the one sitting at said desk...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.