Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will Trump talk policy these next two weeks?

No. He can't help himself. Folks here like to throw the "policy" argument out there. Well why don't you focus those arrows at our president. Let's see what the debate devolves into.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ocus-on-policy

If he loses, no one here will blame Trump for running a terrible campaign that focused on grievance.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ddr_jr; 10-21-2020 at 08:32 AM.

Re: Will Trump talk policy these next two weeks?

The Dems are ALL grievance-targeting Trump.

Why don't they talk policy? You know-letting guys who say their girls invade women's locker rooms and bathrooms.

Shutting down immigrant detention centers and let them come in; letting people w/criminal records come in. "Reforming" meaning packing-the courts.How about those policies?

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    No. He can't help himself. Folks here like to throw the "policy" argument out there. Well why don't you focus those arrows at our president. Let's see what the debate devolves into.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ocus-on-policy

If he loses, no one here will blame Trump for running a terrible campaign that focused on grievance.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Ofcourse not. Just look at that three year old running out from CBS interview and taking to twitter like the cry baby he is. Everyone treats poor Donnie so very very badly so he has to tell the world that rather than policies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StartWearingPurple View Post
    Ofcourse not. Just look at that three year old running out from CBS interview and taking to twitter like the cry baby he is. Everyone treats poor Donnie so very very badly so he has to tell the world that rather than policies.
    Have you seen the interview?

Blog Entries

Will Trump talk policy these next two weeks?

Serious question - do most voters even vote based on policy anymore?

Policy should be the only thing that really matters in an election. Unfortunately, the media and obnoxious politicians and academia have turned everything into a popularity contest fueled by nebulous outrage at every corner of every street.

Case and point - most people voting for Biden are doing so because they don’t like Trump the person. If you ask them to discuss or point out policies of Trump’s they disagree with, they often can’t because they don’t know what those policies are. They don’t know what legislation and executive orders Trump passed while in office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No. Most vote based on political identity (See: Uncivil Agreement: How Politics Became Our Identity by Liliana Mason).

Even nominal independents tend to lean to one major party or the other. True independents are an extremely small slice of the electorate. So small partisan turnout usually matters more than winning over the independent voter.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    No. Most vote based on political identity (See: Uncivil Agreement: How Politics Became Our Identity by Liliana Mason).

Even nominal independents tend to lean to one major party or the other. True independents are an extremely small slice of the electorate. So small partisan turnout usually matters more than winning over the independent voter.

Independents are just people that don’t follow politics. I mean seriously, have you seen these town halls. The questions these so called “independents “ ask is embarrassing

There are no independents. You are either for capitalism, America, and personal responsibility.

Or you think America is an evil racist place and capitalism only makes rich, richer.

The last 3 posts are spot on and its good to see diffrent sides agreeing on a similar issue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Independents are just people that don’t follow politics. I mean seriously, have you seen these town halls. The questions these so called “independents “ ask is embarrassing

There are no independents. You are either for capitalism, America, and personal responsibility.

Or you think America is an evil racist place and capitalism only makes rich, richer.
    I'm an independent. I follow politics and have for decades. I'm one of those rare independents that don't lean so much to one party I invariably vote that way. With the exception of Hogan in '18, I've voted 3rd party in every election since '94. That includes lower offices than POTUS.

But most Americans don't pay much attention to politics, and independents aren't much different. Ilya Somin and Jeffrey Friedman debated "rational ignorance" back in '13, and all of us are rationally ignorant about a lot of things.

http://volokh.com/2013/10/25/debatin...cal-ignorance/

As for your dichotomy, it's laughably false. Trump isn't a capitalist and he's trying to end America's time as the center of the world order. He and his fan base never accept personal responsibility for their actions. Pretending either side is for "capitalism, America, and personal responsibility" while simultaneously pretending Trumpism is one side and the far left (who largely agree with Trump on trade) is the other is idiotic.

Most Americans are rationally ignorant about politics. Then there are the partisans who are willfully ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post

Capitalism does mostly make the rich richer. Tends to work better than making everyone poor though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Capitalism does mostly make the rich richer. Tends to work better than making everyone poor though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Capitalism makes everyone wealthier. Capitalism has, by practically every metric, lifted more people out of poverty than any other economic system in the world.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Policy should be the only thing that really matters in an election. Unfortunately, the media and obnoxious politicians and academia have turned everything into a popularity contest fueled by nebulous outrage at every corner of every street.

Case and point - most people voting for Biden are doing so because they don’t like Trump the person. If you ask them to discuss or point out policies of Trump’s they disagree with, they often can’t because they don’t know what those policies are. They don’t know what legislation and executive orders Trump passed while in office.

This is a great point. And kinda ironic coming from my good buddy ddr who is voting for Biden cause he hates Trump