Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Unsuccessful Pass Plays

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

I watched the Eagles 1st half on gamepass last night - Lamar looked fine, very good even. That first drive was amazing.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    My 2 cents.

You might want to break the vids up into quotes / spread them out in a few posts.

It took awhile for the images to load and not all of them are finished loading.
    Oh, I hadn't thought of that.

Not sure how to handle. I want the posts to load; but I don't want to make a dozen posts per game.

Also, i thought this was going to be a look at unsuccessful pass plays - but you're including comments and images from bunches of plays.
    Completions can be "unsuccessful".

I think there's only one play I included that was a clear win for the pass game. And I said in the post that it was there just cuz utncaught my eye.

One more suggestion if I may - it may be helpful to stop the image when Lamar is at the top of his drop back.
    They mostly are, for plays where Lamar scrambled or took a sack. But not necessarily for plays where he could scan leisurely.

3. Re: Unsuccessful Pass Plays

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Sigh.

Hat tip to OC, for a little gentle pressure to get me to finally pull the trigger on Game Pass for this year.
    Shit, sorry. Absolutely thought you had it already. Well, welcome to the club!

Putting together gifs like I did for the "look at Boykin" thread was way too damn hard, esp for this many plays. But I thought stills from the moment of Lamar's decision would be informative enough; and a helluva lot easier. For plays where Lamar has to move and reset away from pressure, I pulled two pics: moment he has to decide to move, and moment of throw.
    There's supposedly a browser extension that downloads all the clips in the background. I think Cole might know what it is. Hopefully he'll come rescue us. That's roughly half the gif battle for me. Just so annoying to clip it, upload the video to imgur (I think I need to clip in a different format so I can skip this step), download the gif, then reupload to giphy to share here.

edit: bigplayrreceiver is the guy who's tried out a few different things with varying degrees of success. He mentioned Bandicam (I assume the free version: https://www.bandicam.com/ ), but said it was "clunky." He's also tried out Nimbus (https://nimbusweb.me/screenshot.php), which I think is the "automatic" one. The issue he had with that involved multiple plays getting saved into one clip, which might not be awful since I think you can cut down on a clip once you upload to giphy.

By the way. I put the pics up on postimages.org, which I've never used before. Let me know if they're not visible or disappear; I'll try to put host them somewhere else.
    They're still there the morning after at least. If you're going to make a ton of pics/gifs, it's probably worth making an account on giphy (https://giphy.com/) and saving them all together. This is mine: https://giphy.com/channel/KingMoose
    Last edited by organizedchaos21; 10-21-2020 at 10:48 AM.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

4. Re: Unsuccessful Pass Plays

Next up: Cincy. But not for a couple days. Pulling this together for a game burns an evening.
    I was planning to make it through the PHI offense last night. I made it through Q1. I always start off very focused, only going to chart the things I want, and then I get excited watching the plays and end up seeing them 10 times.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

5. Re: Unsuccessful Pass Plays

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Good stuff, thanks for posting.

I watched the Eagles 1st half on gamepass last night - Lamar looked fine, very good even. That first drive was amazing.
    Agree about the 1st drive. For all the shit we give him around here, Roman schemed first downs on 3rd&10 ((Q1, 11:57) out to Boykin), 3rd&11 ((Q1, 10:09), "screen" to Duvernay), and 3rd&12 ((Q1, 05:03) in to Brown, deflected by Cox who walked Phillips back basically into Lamar). Sucks that he had to blow all those concepts in the first quarter though.

Not sure if he was out of tricks, the five yards made a difference, or he was worried about the OL, but he called slants on the next third down ((Q1, 03:21, 3rd&13 from BAL 16). Just trying to get positive yards (practically the same situation as (Q1, 05:03)). Lamar missed this throw imo (but Snead wasn't getting anyway near the first down regardless).

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Shit, sorry. Absolutely thought you had it already. Well, welcome to the club!
    I'm supposedly a grownup; can handle a little peer pressure.

Naw, I was just delaying spending the hundred bucks.

If you're going to make a ton of pics/gifs, it's probably worth making an account on giphy (https://giphy.com/) and saving them all together. This is mine: https://giphy.com/channel/KingMoose
    This is mine:

Does giphy accept still pics also? I assumed they would just take gifs.

7. Re: Unsuccessful Pass Plays

I'm supposedly a grownup; can handle a little peer pressure.

Naw, I was just delaying spending the hundred bucks.

This is mine:

Does giphy accept still pics also? I assumed they would just take gifs.
    What the hell, Jim? Your giphy channel just cause my Flacco-PIT PTSD to flare up!

Uh, yea, looks like only gifs. The site you used should be fine. Other options include imgbb and imgur (although they're doing dumb stuff that makes them less palatable imo).

What the hell, Jim? Your giphy channel just cause my Flacco-PIT PTSD to flare up!
    Sorry.

Involved myself in this stupid conversation:

Blog Entries

Just fer scuz....
    What do you think of scoring then quantifying the plays like we talked about before?
    Could be a simple grading or scoring system with only a few categories.

These types of posts THOUGH appreciated are kind of pointless without knowing progressions and such. WE have the advantage of a post play sky cam, whereas QB has about .5-2 seconds to diagnose and make a decision AND hopefully another second to make the pass.. or else they are likely running for there life if they arent already. This isnt even considering their obstructed view.

Quote Originally Posted by 00000 View Post
    ... without knowing progressions and such. WE have the advantage of a post play sky cam, whereas QB has about .5-2 seconds to diagnose and make a decision AND hopefully another second to make the pass.. or else they are likely running for there life if they arent already. This isnt even considering their obstructed view.
    Agreed completely.

Gotta start somewhere, though.

12. Re: Unsuccessful Pass Plays

The alternative is to mandate all QBs wear mini Go-Pros, the footage from which can then be put up as part of the A-22 or coach's tape. That'd be damn cool, actually, especially watching it on a VR headset like the Valve Index.