Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: ONE move for EDC during the bye

Not many teams will be willing to part with their players but for me - TE

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Not that I’m a fan but the ultimate EDC scam trade would be to get Hurst back for like a 5th and a 7th! Lol. Trade him for a 2nd ....get him back for a late trash pick or two! EDC would then be The Wizard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

One of Brandin Cooks or Will Fuller, both *actually* available per Twitter, instead of all the hypotheticals we've been tossing around. Both could be rentals, Fuller a FA and Cooks able to be cut with no impact to cap moving forward. Not sure how trades work with regard to cap space and I know we have little cap left, so not sure if it'd be possible.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Tight End. Someone to fill Hurst's role from last season. Return of the 3 TE sets!
    I want the 3 TE sets, too. Reinstall that during Bye week and kick some ass the second half of the season on offense.

Do we even have a 3rd TE on the roster?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Not that I’m a fan but the ultimate EDC scam trade would be to get Hurst back for like a 5th and a 7th! Lol. Trade him for a 2nd ....get him back for a late trash pick or two! EDC would then be The Wizard!

Problem is that Hurst wanted to be traded, he requested it. Not sure he'd be open to coming back or they'd be open to bringing him.

I do like your hypothesis and we need another TE

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

i think if EDC were going to do something during the bye he'd have done it already. best time to add a piece, but not if you wait a week

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    i think if EDC were going to do something during the bye he'd have done it already. best time to add a piece, but not if you wait a week
    Yep. DeCosta had a good draft but his in season moves have been lacking IMO. Sadly, I think we stand pat and keep our fingers crossed.

Blog Entries

I think he will trade for an interior OL, and then sign AB after the Steelers game.

I think EDC would love to trade for an edge rusher, but he won’t be able to get that deal done.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    Yep. DeCosta had a good draft but his in season moves have been lacking IMO. Sadly, I think we stand pat and keep our fingers crossed.
    a definite systemic problem here. EDC, the FO, fans et al are all caught up in this 2000 Super Bowl/Ozzie thing of good drafts (in reality, many of his, and EDCs contemporary drafts, when counting the early round bums, were not). We love our stockpiles of third, forth, fifth round pix and showing the world the "Ravens way" of making something out of mud or whatever...handcuffing the Ravens to keep as many of these midlings and late rounders around, like useless Malik, Boynkin.

It seems that our super bowl is draft day and we obsess over earning an "A-". The Ravens never move up and go for the stud. It's not 2000, scouting science is too advanced, communication is instant, streams... Brady would not fall. So we get what we get...so-so talent. Belichik treats draft day with near irreverence and once in a while, unlike us, he'll move up.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    a definite systemic problem here. EDC, the FO, fans et al are all caught up in this 2000 Super Bowl/Ozzie thing of good drafts (in reality, many of his, and EDCs contemporary drafts, when counting the early round bums, were not). We love our stockpiles of third, forth, fifth round pix and showing the world the "Ravens way" of making something out of mud or whatever...handcuffing the Ravens to keep as many of these midlings and late rounders around, like useless Malik, Boynkin.

It seems that our super bowl is draft day and we obsess over earning an "A-". The Ravens never move up and go for the stud. It's not 2000, scouting science is too advanced, communication is instant, streams... Brady would not fall. So we get what we get...so-so talent. Belichik treats draft day with near irreverence and once in a while, unlike us, he'll move up.
    Am I missing something here? Didn't EDC pull off the Marcus Peters in-season trade just a year ago? Also signing guys like Fort, Bynes, and Jihad Ward. Two of those guys are still here and seeing significant snaps.

He also made an offseason trade for Campbell.

Ozzie was way more "stay the course" than EDC is.

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post

Yeah , guys like OBJ, Yanda , Mark Andrews , Elliott , Chuck Clark , Rick Wagner , Ryan Jensen , Brandon Williams , Matt Judon, Tavon Young, Za'Darius Smith, BUCK ALLEN , Nick Boyle , Kyle Juszczyk , Pernell McPhee, Tyrod Taylor , Ladarius Webb , etc etc. You know, worthless 3rd+ rounders, La'Ron McClain , SAM KOCH .

We move up all the time. We moved up for Lamar, you know. The reigning MVP?? We moved up for Proche. You know, the most surehanded PR we've had in forever.

The rest of what you posted is a bunch of nothing.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Trades are about opportunity. Free agency is where you can fill specific positions. That's because the trade market is about 5% of the free agent market. When there aren't that many players available it's tough to target a specific need. Hopefully something comes along.