Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: ONE move for EDC during the bye

Quote Originally Posted by Ovechkin8 View Post
    Would you trade a 2nd rd pick for Gallup? I would in a heartbeat. On 3rd year of rookie deal with 1 year left. Dallas has 3 stud WR's still without Gallup and will never be able to keep him after next year
    That's too rich. Define stud because stud would be guys like Hopkins, Thomas, Julio etc. Gallup isn't there.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Would you trade a 2nd rd pick for Gallup? I would in a heartbeat. On 3rd year of rookie deal with 1 year left. Dallas has 3 stud WR's still without Gallup and will never be able to keep him after next year
    Nope!
    Rather they sign AB for the remainder of 2020 and then reevaluate the position next offseason

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Nope!
    Rather they sign AB for the remainder of 2020 and then reevaluate the position next offseason

Seattle is about to sign him so there goes that

Blog Entries

Sounds like Texans have made Mercilius, Fuller and Cooks available for the right price. I would be interested in Mercilius and Fuller. Not sure Cooks does anything that Duvernay can't bring to the table.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    Sounds like Texans have made Mercilius, Fuller and Cooks available for the right price. I would be interested in Mercilius and Fuller. Not sure Cooks does anything that Duvernay can't bring to the table.
    I'm a little surprised to hear you would prefer Fuller over Cooks. The two are pretty similar players, IMO, but Cooks has been far more productive over his career. Acquiring Fuller wouldn't really excite me much, but the idea of adding a proven, gamebreaking commodity, like Cooks, across from Hollywood gets me pumped.

If you have Cooks, Hollywood, and Duvernay on the field, the defense pretty much has to play 2 safeties deep providing help over the top. If that's the case Mandrews is eating all day long.

I agree with you about Mercilus though.
    Last edited by tnsmith90; 10-21-2020 at 06:42 PM. Reason: missing words

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    I'm a little surprised to hear you would prefer Fuller over Cooks. The two are pretty similar players, IMO, but Cooks has been far more productive over his career. Acquiring Fuller wouldn't really excite me much, but the idea of adding a proven, gamebreaking commodity, like Cooks, across from Hollywood gets me pumped.

If you have Cooks, Hollywood, and Duvernay on the field, the defense pretty much has to play 2 safeties deep providing help over the top. If that's the case Mandrews is eating all day long.

I agree with you about Mercilus though.
    Fuller would only be a half-year commitment; Cooks is signed through 2024 at over $12 mil a season. That would be the difference for me.

Between the three, I choose Fuller, then Cooks, then Mercilus who I'm not high on.

My target is Desmond King. He was behind Chris Harris (who is now hurt) and complained about his role. He’s on the final year of his rookie deal so his contract is cheap. A slot CB would allow us to put Marlon back on the outside, where he’s better, and continue using Jimmy at safety. Averett getting hurt makes it a requirement that we have Marlon or Jimmy outside.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelDance View Post
    My target is Desmond King. He was behind Chris Harris (who is now hurt) and complained about his role. He’s on the final year of his rookie deal so his contract is cheap. A slot CB would allow us to put Marlon back on the outside, where he’s better, and continue using Jimmy at safety. Averett getting hurt makes it a requirement that we have Marlon or Jimmy outside.
    Saw another Chargers player who might be available... Melvin Ingram

A TE all the way. Good to very good TEs also come cheaper than equivalent WRs, and we could really use more 3 TE packages.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Saw another Chargers player who might be available... Melvin Ingram

I would be all over that. Would need to come with an extension to lessen the cap hit. He wants a new contract, this is going to be his last season with the Chargers.

A 2nd for Gallup? That’s way too much to give up for Gallup IMO. I’m not even sure I’d give up a 3rd. He was one of the worst in the league last season in dropped passes and dropped one in the end zone against the Cardinals.

What’s our salary cap right now? I think with the tony jefferson and earl Thomas hit, it’s pretty low to be making a big splash.