Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: ONE move for EDC during the bye

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Am I missing something here? Didn't EDC pull off the Marcus Peters in-season trade just a year ago? Also signing guys like Fort, Bynes, and Jihad Ward. Two of those guys are still here and seeing significant snaps.

He also made an offseason trade for Campbell.

Ozzie was way more "stay the course" than EDC is.
    Maybe you misunderstood what I posted. I loved everything he did LAST year (except for Thomas). I was talking this year in season.

There have been moves I know he tried to make after the season started but didn't pull off. I don't understand how we thought our WR group was good enough. Honestly it's one of the leagues worst groups. He never replaced Hurst (Ricard isnt the answer as the 3rd tight end).

On the other hand, bringing in Campbell was an A+ move.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Trades are about opportunity. Free agency is where you can fill specific positions. That's because the trade market is about 5% of the free agent market. When there aren't that many players available it's tough to target a specific need. Hopefully something comes along.
    Great point. Luckily the Ravens have quite a few areas where another player would help so, hopefully, Eric can add someone.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    i think if EDC were going to do something during the bye he'd have done it already. best time to add a piece, but not if you wait a week
    If he's targeting a veteran then it won't take him long to learn the playbook if that's the concern so I don't see it being a issue if the move is made a little later as oppose to now
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

The more I think about it the more I'm confident OL will play better. So having said that I would say we need the WR/TE, edge rusher, interior OL

Few days ago CBS put out a article titled " 12 trades that might happen". One of them was guard Joe Thurney from the Pats. Not sure if I got the name right but I would be happy with that pickup.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Where's the AB talk? Now's the time...NFL PR has moved on to BLM. Cut Boynkyn yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    One of Brandin Cooks or Will Fuller, both *actually* available per Twitter, instead of all the hypotheticals we've been tossing around. Both could be rentals, Fuller a FA and Cooks able to be cut with no impact to cap moving forward. Not sure how trades work with regard to cap space and I know we have little cap left, so not sure if it'd be possible.
    I'd take Cooks depending on price.

Cooks, Hollywood, and Duvernay in a 3 WR set would be a hell of a lot of speed to stress the defense vertically.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    If he's targeting a veteran then it won't take him long to learn the playbook if that's the concern so I don't see it being a issue if the move is made a little later as oppose to now
    could be. it isn't essential to do it right away, but with this week being the slow week of the bye i was thinking this would be the ideal time for coaching staff to devote some extra hours to the new guy. but i'm a believer that the Peters trade last year doesn't necessarily prove that EDC is more interested in mid-season deals than ON because that deal was such a gift to us. maybe he is, maybe he isn't. i'd want to see him make a deal of roughly equal value first before i classify him that way. to me, unless absolutely necessary, midseason trades usually work out in favor of the team trading away the player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Trades are about opportunity. Free agency is where you can fill specific positions. That's because the trade market is about 5% of the free agent market. When there aren't that many players available it's tough to target a specific need. Hopefully something comes along.
    THIS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Where's the AB talk? Now's the time...it's a sympathetic environment....NFL is on BLM... they're gonna guilt and pressure Jerry into handing Dak a monster contract for nothing. Cut Boynkyn yesterday.

Anybody think of the possibility that Zeke was handing that game to the Cardinals...that Dak's signed buddies are going to turn turtle the rest of the way... see, we need Dak?... show him the mun-aye... this insider betting tip brought to you by wecoxepa enterprises.

Blog Entries

I think some of you guys are going to be disappointed...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

11. Re: ONE move for EDC during the bye

Well here we go... hot off the presses from Schefter- Brown to Sea heating up along with other interested teams

12. Re: ONE move for EDC during the bye

Would you trade a 2nd rd pick for Gallup? I would in a heartbeat. On 3rd year of rookie deal with 1 year left. Dallas has 3 stud WR's still without Gallup and will never be able to keep him after next year