Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2 Star General Relieved of Command for Using a Racial Slur.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Maybe in Texas but thats definitly not nationwide. I've never heard it. The N word? Why blacks get jiggy with it is beyond me. I remember the rapper inviting a white girl on stage to rap with him and she used the n word like it is in the song and he stopped the show and chastized her. Really!!! Thats racist if only one culture can use a word and not be.......inclusive.

Thank you for the second post. I agree he was pointing something out. Why should he have to listen to a word and not be able to use it? No free speech? If its derogatory to blacks why use it? Cmon some common sense.
    The thing if if the culture uses it amongst themselves as they take the power from it im all for it ive heard chinese people of course in playful call each each other chi k german call each other Kraut. Like i said if its in there community it doesnt matter as we dont belo g to their club its like i can talk bad about my momma but you cant

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I would use the “n word” all the time if it weren’t for the Democrats...I mean, no I wouldn’t...

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    I would use the “n word” all the time if it weren’t for the Democrats...I mean, no I wouldn’t...
    The ability to choose to use words that we might otherwise choose to abstain from using.

Liberty.

What a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    This is just more fallout of a world in which 'anti-racist' ideology reigns, while of course being very, very racist.

We have a word that one group of people can use. And they use it gratuitously and openly. It is present in virtually every piece of pop culture produced by said group.

And no other member of any group can use it for whatever reason, even when directly quoting- as is the case here- a member of the favored group.

That is of course a ridiculous racist double standard.

We all see it as such. All groups understand inherently that this is racist. But we have come to accept 'anti-racist' actually means 'racist.'

It's fucking clown world.
    It’s not a double standard. It is racism. It’s not about blacks behind allowed to use a word. It’s about only whites not being allowed.

Imagine whites having a word that blacks can’t use.

I had a joke there, but I would have been called a racist

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    It’s not a double standard. It is racism. It’s not about blacks behind allowed to use a word. It’s about only whites not being allowed.

Imagine whites having a word that blacks can’t use.

I had a joke there, but I would have been called a racist
    Pardon me for this but calling a white guy a honky is thing black people are not allowed say. Please for give me for that but I'm just giving you an example

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, wtf did the General think would happen?

Sorry - he’s a dumbass. He should know better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Cant say anything like that in this day and age

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Pardon me for this but calling a white guy a honky is thing black people are not allowed say. Please for give me for that but I'm just giving you an example

Never heard that word before in my life. Is it an american term?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Exactly. Cant say anything like that in this day and age
    Did you read the article? It was being said on a boom box in a rap song his soldiers were playing during an exercise. The general didn't' just use the wordy willy nilly. What I gather from the article is he was not comfortable with it and raised the hypothetical question "would it be okay if I called you n****r."

It's an important distinction and I'm not sure you can see that.

I think a more graceful...."safe".... way to have handled it would have been to say. I don't want that music played because it contains a racial slur. It's the f***ing military though, not a safe space in a liberal arts college in the northeast.

I could be misinterpreting the story or there could be more to it though.

I would hate to think our society so lacks cohesion that we would terminate a good and otherwise talented/competent generals career over an incident where he lacked sensitivity but his intentions were well meaning. That just seems like we've lost our country if we've gotten there.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post

We dont call each other honkies lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    We dont call each other honkies lol.
    As I said there are things here that if seen in Texas that you wouldn't believe alot of times it's in a joking manner. Of course it doesn't speak for all but if they choose to do that then it's part of the club. Redneck is another term we shouldn't use but you guys use it all the time

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Never heard that word before in my life. Is it an american term?
    Yes it is. It is a derogatory term for a white person in America

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Did you read the article? It was being said on a boom box in a rap song his soldiers were playing during an exercise. The general didn't' just use the wordy willy nilly. What I gather from the article is he was not comfortable with it and raised the hypothetical question "would it be okay if I called you n****r."

It's an important distinction and I'm not sure you can see that.

I think a more graceful...."safe".... way to have handled it would have been to say. I don't want that music played because it contains a racial slur. It's the f***ing military though, not a safe space in a liberal arts college in the northeast.

I could be misinterpreting the story or there could be more to it though.

I would hate to think our society so lacks cohesion that we would terminate a good and otherwise talented/competent generals career over an incident where he lacked sensitivity but his intentions were well meaning. That just seems like we've lost our country if we've gotten there.
    No you are correct he was not trying to use it willy nilly. He should not have been fired he was trying to use it as a teaching moment there is a time and place for that music