Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

2 Star General Relieved of Command for Using a Racial Slur.

I thought the incident in question would be much more egregious cut and dried racism.

Judge for yourselves.

https://www.stripes.com/news/marine-...mmand-1.649236

If he's a good general, this is just stupid.

Re: 2 Star General Relieved of Command for Using a Racial Slur.

The world is being conditioned to have the emotional maturity of 3 year olds.

Blog Entries

This is just more fallout of a world in which 'anti-racist' ideology reigns, while of course being very, very racist.

We have a word that one group of people can use. And they use it gratuitously and openly. It is present in virtually every piece of pop culture produced by said group.

And no other member of any group can use it for whatever reason, even when directly quoting- as is the case here- a member of the favored group.

That is of course a ridiculous racist double standard.

We all see it as such. All groups understand inherently that this is racist. But we have come to accept 'anti-racist' actually means 'racist.'

It's fucking clown world.

Blog Entries

Well, wtf did the General think would happen?

Sorry - he’s a dumbass. He should know better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

As a career move, I agree.

And yet, that's only because of clown world.

You should not be held responsible when directly quoting someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

In the sense that there is no circumstance where you can use that word if you are white.
    When your soldiers are blaring music in front of you where that word is being said... I guess you have to ignore it. Or simply say, "don't play that/turn it off". I think he was trying to make a point it wasn't okay... ironically.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    In the sense that there is no circumstance where you can use that word if you are white.
    When your soldiers are blaring music in front of you where that word is being said... I guess you have to ignore it. Or simply say, "don't play that/turn it off". I think he was trying to make a point it wasn't okay... ironically.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    This is just more fallout of a world in which 'anti-racist' ideology reigns, while of course being very, very racist.

We have a word that one group of people can use. And they use it gratuitously and openly. It is present in virtually every piece of pop culture produced by said group.

And no other member of any group can use it for whatever reason, even when directly quoting- as is the case here- a member of the favored group.

That is of course a ridiculous racist double standard.

We all see it as such. All groups understand inherently that this is racist. But we have come to accept 'anti-racist' actually means 'racist.'

It's fucking clown world.
    Heres the thing all cultures have word that they use that other groups cant. I'm here in Texas and I hear Mexicans call each other wetback all the time but me as a black dude just cant do that as I'm not a part of their culture which is like a club if you follow. Why does everyone wanna use another cultures word and get mad because they cant. You not a part of that club so let it go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I will say this after reading the story the general should not have been fired he was trying to correct them. There's a time and place for things and that type of music during PT wasnt a good time for that. Its is a sad over reaction to the situation

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Heres the thing all cultures have word that they use that other groups cant. I'm here in Texas and I hear Mexicans call each other wetback all the time but me as a black dude just cant do that as I'm not a part of their culture which is like a club if you follow. Why does everyone wanna use another cultures word and get mad because they cant. You not a part of that club so let it go

Maybe in Texas but thats definitly not nationwide. I've never heard it. The N word? Why blacks get jiggy with it is beyond me. I remember the rapper inviting a white girl on stage to rap with him and she used the n word like it is in the song and he stopped the show and chastized her. Really!!! Thats racist if only one culture can use a word and not be.......inclusive.

I will say this after reading the story the general should not have been fired he was trying to correct them. There's a time and place for things and that type of music during PT wasnt a good time for that. Its is a sad over reaction to the situation

Thank you for the second post. I agree he was pointing something out. Why should he have to listen to a word and not be able to use it? No free speech? If its derogatory to blacks why use it? Cmon some common sense.

I will say this after reading the story the general should not have been fired he was trying to correct them. There's a time and place for things and that type of music during PT wasn't a good time for that. Its is a sad over reaction to the situation

I think he was trying, maybe ungracefully, to make a point or be instructive... I always figured in an environment like that those things would sort themselves in a way where over-sensitivity and "misunderstanding" would not rule the day.

I'm reminded of the aide to mayor Anthony Williams who got fired for using the word "niggardly" in a staff meeting when referring to how they would have to handle their budget who had to resign. He was white and gay and yes, that is a crazy old Dickensian word almost no one uses. Someone didn't like it. We have to figure out a way not to throw the baby out with the bath water when things like this happen and how to be as even handed and impartial a way as possible. Sensitivity is of course important but intent is important too.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I think he was trying, maybe ungracefully, to make a point or be instructive... I always figured in an environment like that those things would sort themselves in a way where over-sensitivity and "misunderstanding" would not rule the day.

I'm reminded of the aide to mayor Anthony Williams who got fired for using the word "niggardly" in a staff meeting when referring to how they would have to handle their budget who had to resign. He was white and gay and yes, that is a crazy old Dickensian word almost no one uses. Someone didn't like it. We have to figure out a way not to throw the baby out with the bath water when things like this happen and how to be as even handed and impartial a way as possible. Sensitivity is of course important but intent is important too.
    I agree

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk