Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries

Re: 2 Star General Relieved of Command for Using a Racial Slur.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    But when you are a position of leadership standard is different
    True, but in this case had an E-5 or E-4 thought to highlight the problem of the n-word blasting out through music during an event by saying it themselves they also would have faced repercussions. Repercussions suitable to their rank, but still repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    True, but in this case had an E-5 or E-4 thought to highlight the problem of the n-word blasting out through music during an event by saying it themselves they also would have faced repercussions. Repercussions suitable to their rank, but still repercussions.
    Right the E-4/NCO would not have been fired different repercussions they would have been reprimanded

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The MG wasn't fired. He was relieved of his command. He may end up having a letter of reprimand in his file, or even get told to retire.

If the E5 or E4 was in a leadership position- however lowly- he or she would also likely have lost it for the same conduct. Either might also lose rank, which isn't an option in this case unless they decide to court-martial the MG.

The MG wasn't fired. He was relieved of his command. He may end up having a letter of reprimand in his file, or even get told to retire.

If the E5 or E4 was in a leadership position- however lowly- he or she would also likely have lost it for the same conduct. Either might also lose rank, which isn't an option in this case unless they decide to court-martial the MG.
    Relieved of command is being fired. Because being a commander is his job. Having a LOR for an officer is a career ender

Blog Entries

Being relieved of command isn't being fired. It's being relieved of command. A LOR would be a career-ender. This has probably ended any chance he had of making a third start even without one.

He's still MG and still getting a paycheck. He's not fired.

Being relieved of command isn't being fired. It's being relieved of command. A LOR would be a career-ender. This has probably ended any chance he had of making a third start even without one.

That's wrong being relieved of command is also a career end he will not progress and and will not continue trust me so he is essentially fired just not immediately

Can't help but chuckle

Not because you're wrong about any of this... but because you've got gum on your shoe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    That's wrong being relieved of command is also a career end he will not progress and and will not continue trust me so he is essentially fired just not immediately
    A SGM I briefly worked for was given the option to retire immediately or get criminally prosecuted. That's fired in the military sense for someone with senior rank. Being relieved of command is certainly very serious and usually a career-ender, but it's not fired.

People who get fired aren't working for the company anymore. There's no military equivalent to getting fired. The Navy Captain who was relieved of his command because he blasted an email (that got leaked) about COVID cases on his ship wasn't fired, either. He was reassigned to the Pentagon, and despite his error in judgement he might even get another command one day. The recommendation to reinstate him was rejected by Esper, but that's the extent of it.

In the officer world its different that SGM is enlisted they treat us with different rules the reason that navy officer is not done is due to the political pressure he would have been done for sure it all changed once that video showed the ship cheering him. They couldn't get rid of him completely in the end no matter what branch the military is all about perception

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Because there is no term that has ever been used to oppress, demean, or enslave white people. That's why white people don't ever feel anything.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    White people don't typically identify as a block. Hence Iceman's examples of people using slurs based on ethnic background. People tend to identify with either ethnic background or America.
    Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Ahhh... I see... we're back to the "it's different" answer again... because "reasons"

My work here is done.
    Leaders are expected to be the example of the standard. Tougher consequences when you don't do that.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    White people don't typically identify as a block. Hence Iceman's examples of people using slurs based on ethnic background. People tend to identify with either ethnic background or America.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    This is true

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk