Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

The 2020 election question: Are you ready for $6 a gallon gas?

Trump is not bringing this up nearly enough, but this will effect everyone's pocketbook in many more ways than just at the pump. Back to the "blood for oil" and gas rationing days. California has already proven green energy can't keep up with the demand.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...n-6-gallon-gas

Re: The 2020 election question: Are you ready for $6 a gallon gas?

Green energy is still decades away from viability, plural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And companies are taking advantage of woke people that don’t take time to research. Volvo is charging about 10k premium to go from a 4 cyl engine to a hybrid. And they do this, telling you it is better for the planet.

Blog Entries

The environmental impact to mine lithium and other components to make the electric vehicle batteries is incredibly damaging. It's a total farce that lithium battery powered vehicles are safer for the environment.

Sure, one or two batteries aren't going to kill the world....but if an entire state like California only has Tesla's and shit for sale?

That's a dirty little secret of the Green idealists.

This was a post from Jesse James (Monster Garage, West Coast Choppers, etc) from last year on Instagram:

popeofwelding's profile picture
    popeofwelding
    Verified
    ELECTRIC BOOGALOOS

I would like to start of by saying electric cars and motorcycles can F*ck Off!.

Ok now that we have that out of the way I can explain exactly why.

First and foremost let’s talk about the Ohh so “planet friendly” Formula E racing series. Now at first glance you might think that this “clean” form of racing must be the way of the future, right?? Not so much. Let's take a peek at what’s really going on.

The very first indication this might be Bullshit is the 20 CAT Diesel generators in the pits running full throttle charging the batteries for these cars. Each car uses two 550 pound Lithium batteries per race. These batteries put out 250KW of power, and have a maximum output of 54KWH (kilowatt hours). On the high side the average U.S. home uses about 20KWH of power per day. One Formula E car, in one race uses four times that in 50 minutes. The recent Hong Kong race had 25 cars on the grid, using fifty 550lb Lithium batteries in 50 minutes. That’s a total of 2700 Kilowatt Hours. Or more than enough to power 10 homes for a month. That’s a lot of juice! Also the five power-plants in Hong Kong are powered by Diesel, Coal, and Gasoline. Whoopsie!

Now let’s take a look at these newfangled Lithium batteries. The big companies hawking electric cars and motorcycles would love you to believe that Fossil fuel is so harmful, and electric power is so clean. It’s actually the opposite. We are swapping a carbon monoxide problem that is fixable and controllable. For a toxic Lithium mining that kills wild life, ruins the water table and destroys agriculture. The mining process uses a ton of water. A million gallons of water per 2 metric tons of lithium(Each Tesla has 12 kilos of Lithium). In some South American countries like Chile, Lithium mining uses almost 70% of the countries water supply. Also if you are naive enough to think that there isn’t a bunch of diesel powered machinery used in the process? Think again. These Lithium batteries also leave a toxic footprint on the way out. Contamination of landfills and seeping into the water table.........
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The environmental impact to mine lithium and other components to make the electric vehicle batteries is incredibly damaging. It's a total farce that lithium battery powered vehicles are safer for the environment.

Sure, one or two batteries aren't going to kill the world....but if an entire state like California only has Tesla's and shit for sale?

This was a post from Jesse James (Monster Garage, West Coast Choppers, etc) from last year on Instagram:

The dirty secret is much more fundamental than that.

The electricity that charges electric cars does not come from unicorn farts and rainbows. (or windmills)

The overwhelming majority of US electricity is generated by burning fossil fuels. With less efficiency than internal combustion automobiles.

It must then be conducted by wire to it's destination with even greater losses.

It is FAR better for the environment to drive efficient internal combustion engines.

Fossil fuel costs per mile driven

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    The dirty secret is much more fundamental than that.

The electricity that charges electric cars does not come from unicorn farts and rainbows. (or windmills)

The overwhelming majority of US electricity is generated by burning fossil fuels. With less efficiency than internal combustion automobiles.

It must then be conducted by wire to it's destination with even greater losses.

It is FAR better for the environment to drive efficient internal combustion engines.

Fossil fuel costs per mile driven
    I would rather see nuclear energy get invested in.

Blog Entries

Shhh. I'm making a shitton of money off Tesla. Let's not educate the liberals until I can retire.

I would rather see nuclear energy get invested in.
    I'm still hopeful for thorium

[QUOTE=wickedsolo;1965382]The environmental impact to mine lithium and other components to make the electric vehicle batteries is incredibly damaging. It's a total farce that lithium battery powered vehicles are safer for the environment.

Its the battery disposal that really causes long term issues.

We really need to ramp up investment in R&D for alternative, truly clean alternatives.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post

We really need to ramp up investment in R&D for alternative, truly clean alternatives.
    I totally agree. In the process, we can't completely abandon our current system. We also need to allow the market to have it's say and not politicians looking to cash in (a la Al Gore).

Blog Entries

But the discarded batteries will fit in well with all the discarded needles laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    But the discarded batteries will fit in well with all the discarded needles laying around.
    Just dump them in San Francisco

They will eventually be covered in organic material