Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Top thoughts & suggestions for Ravens going into the bye

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I’m starting to re-think this AB thing, he would open up the offense in a big way. If it doesn’t work it doesn’t work, but there are really no better options. You’d be inviting in risk and maybe some drama, but you’d also be giving a shot of adrenaline to a really lame passing game that opens up the run and all of the other receivers.
    Agreed. Also, they need to play more 3 wr sets with Duvernay in. If they do both, you have Hollywood & Duvernay stretching the defense deep, while AB & Andrew's operate as the posession guys underneath (though obviously they can both get deep too).

WR 1- AB
    WR 2- Hollywood
    WR 3- Duvernay
    TE- Andrew's
    HB- Dobbins

Lamar would have no excuses with weapons like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't speak for Filmstudy, I just look at his grades, which have not been good for Mekari.

Fluker has not played RG for the Ravens to my knowledge, so he wouldn't have a grade.

Mekari is called upon ahead of Fluker because Fluker is the primary tackle backup...which I said in my original post.
    I don't want to go over a blow-by-blow over the entire OL shuffling. But, I think you're off base if you don't t consider him a viable option at RG.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    In my opinion Josh Gordon would also he a viable option and neither him or AB would cost them much of anything other than $$$.
    Just dont feel good about their chances of going deeply in the playoffs relying on Boykin and a couple of unproven rookies.
    I think they just missed the boat on a pass rusher. Maybe Ansah?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    I don’t know how you can depend on Gordon though he can’t seem to go very long before he has to stop playing again because of his personal stuff. He looks like the same type of gamble they’d be taking with AB, but for a receiver who’s not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    Agreed. Also, they need to play more 3 wr sets with Duvernay in. If they do both, you have Hollywood & Duvernay stretching the defense deep, while AB & Andrew's operate as the posession guys underneath (though obviously they can both get deep too).

WR 1- AB
    WR 2- Hollywood
    WR 3- Duvernay
    TE- Andrew's
    HB- Dobbins

Lamar would have no excuses with weapons like that.
    That looks like something that they could do some damage with for sure even with a shaky line.

Blog Entries

In my opinion Josh Gordon would also he a viable option and neither him or AB would cost them much of anything other than $$$.
    Just dont feel good about their chances of going deeply in the playoffs relying on Boykin and a couple of unproven rookies.
    I think they just missed the boat on a pass rusher. Maybe Ansah?
    TDLM, how can a rookie get "proven" if he doesn't get playing time? It isn't as if Harbaugh won't do it, just look at Queen (ILB) and Phillips (RG) as examples. With our RB triple play (Ingram, Gus, and Hill) DeCosta still spent a 2nd on Dobbins, and it seems every time Duvernay gets his hands on the ball something good happens. They, especially Duv with our current WR corps, IMO need more snaps... Bc

Fairly certain Josh Gordon signed with the Seahawks again this offseason and is still awaiting reinstatement from the league on his suspension.

So we can stop discussing signing him.
    Last edited by Ravens4Real; 10-19-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Fairly certain Josh Gordon singed with the Seahawks again this offseason and is still awaiting reinstatement from the league on his suspension.

So we can stop discussing signing him.
    He did, as soon as he's eligible, he'll probably be Activated.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    TDLM, how can a rookie get "proven" if he doesn't get playing time? It isn't as if Harbaugh won't do it, just look at Queen (ILB) and Phillips (RG) as examples. With our RB triple play (Ingram, Gus, and Hill) DeCosta still spent a 2nd on Dobbins, and it seems every time Duvernay gets his hands on the ball something good happens. They, especially Duv with our current WR corps, IMO need more snaps... Bc
    Would like to see all the rookies get more PT especially Duv. Just not sure it's wise to put their superbowl hope's on players who have yet to experience one complete preseason and training camp.
    They need a proven vet playing opposite of Hollywood to open up the offense,imo. Really dont expect Boykin or Snead to step up and fill that role.
    *Everyone's right about Gordon he signed with Seattle in Sep.*

I do wonder if there’s something tipping off defenses whether it’s a run or pass play. I believe this was the case against the chargers two years ago in the playoff loss. The whole OL just looks so out of place even with the loss of Yanda.

Would like to see all the rookies get more PT especially Duv. Just not sure it's wise to put their superbowl hope's on players who have yet to experience one complete preseason and training camp.
    They need a proven vet playing opposite of Hollywood to open up the offense,imo. Really dont expect Boykin or Snead to step up and fill that role.
    *Everyone's right about Gordon he signed with Seattle in Sep.*

Antonio Brown or a trade is the ONLY answer. No other options.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    I do wonder if there’s something tipping off defenses whether it’s a run or pass play. I believe this was the case against the chargers two years ago in the playoff loss. The whole OL just looks so out of place even with the loss of Yanda.
    If Edwards is in it's a run. Run goes to the HB side 70% of the time. Bengals gave it all after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Antonio Brown or a trade is the ONLY answer. No other options.
    It might be a risk to add an AB but it's also a risk going into the second half of the season with an eye towards the playoffs and doing nothing.
    Had to be a big shot in the arm to an already dangerous KC offense to add on a Leveon Bell midseason and give up nothing. They'll be harder to beat the next time than they were the last