Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Time to let LJ be LJ again

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    In the passing game LJ needs to play like LJ.
    Agreed. It would be nice if we schemed a few RPOs into the game plan. Lamar and Roman may also have to admit the deep passing game requires better pass blocking than our current OL is capable of providing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Agreed. It would be nice if we schemed a few RPOs into the game plan. Lamar and Roman may also have to admit the deep passing game requires better pass blocking than our current OL is capable of providing
    I gave up on RPOs awhile ago, Greg just doesn't feature them. But, yeah more would be nice.

I agree the pass pro needs to improve, but even if you threw out all the plays where Lamar doesn't have adequate pass pro to throw deep there are still times when the pass pro is there but there isn't a deep attempt.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I really think it’s because he’s hurt. His throwing motion is just all over the place. Hard to believe he just forgot how to throw after he was such a perfectionist last year.
    I am completely with you. Lamar by all reports is one of the hardest workers on the team. He spent this offseason studying tape and working out to get better. All of that is suddenly out the window? I can't buy that. When defensive ends start running him out of bounds, it's easy to think that something physically just isn't quite right.

4. Re: Time to let LJ be LJ again

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I am completely with you. Lamar by all reports is one of the hardest workers on the team. He spent this offseason studying tape and working out to get better. All of that is suddenly out the window? I can't buy that. When defensive ends start running him out of bounds, it's easy to think that something physically just isn't quite right.
    Unless it's an upper body injury, it's hard to believe that Lamar isn't 100% after watching him move around yesterday. His passing technique is definitely off, but it may be more mental than physical at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    but it may be more mental than physical at this point.
    the yips?

Letting LJ be LJ means being okay with his inconsistent accuracy which has been a feature of his play going into the league. Very possible that last season was his peak ability and this is what it's going to be like for the rest of his career.

These are necessary growing pains that are necessary if he is going to become a good passer without the threat of him running.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not too mention they still have the Browns one more time and they're heating up.
    The only thing the Browns were heating up was that steaming turd they laid yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Listen folks - defenses were going to catch up to Lamar. They were going to figure out what he does well and what his weaknesses are. They were going to figure out who he likes to go to in the passing game and scheme to take that player away.

What they need to do now is get Lamar comfortable with looking to other guys. They really need to shit or get off the pot with Boykin. He's not a bad player, but Snead is a better receiver and Duvernay looks promising. I also am interested in what Proche can do. The Ravens should also strongly consider adding somone like Dez or AB (if he's available). This offense needs another play maker besides Lamar to keep defenses honest. Right now, they're winning because the defense is playing pretty well and their opponents haven't been that good.

They better figure some shit out soon though. They have the Steelers twice, the Titans, the Colts, and the Cowboys - all of which are really strong teams. The Colts have the #1 defense in the league right now and even without Dak, the Cowboys are still a decent team. Not too mention they still have the Browns one more time and they're heating up.
    Wicked, I don’t think teams have “figured him out”. He just doesn’t look like the same player. He has year 1 mechanics and throwing motion. It’s really bizarre. He wasn’t playing like this with poor fundamentals last year. I really believed it was due to an injury but then he blazed through to the end zone. Ravens tweeted it was his fastest run of his career. So I’m not sure what’s up, but I can’t believe he just got lazy with the fundamentals.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Wicked, I don’t think teams have “figured him out”. He just doesn’t look like the same player. He has year 1 mechanics and throwing motion. It’s really bizarre. He wasn’t playing like this with poor fundamentals last year. I really believed it was due to an injury but then he blazed through to the end zone. Ravens tweeted it was his fastest run of his career. So I’m not sure what’s up, but I can’t believe he just got lazy with the fundamentals.
    Well he looks like someone who hasn't thrown in the entire offseason rather than looking injured. Muscle memory requires lots of reps and he probably didn't get enough during the offseason.

Teams have a year of tape on us and we're still 5-1. The offense has look shaky but our third year QB is still completing 63% of his passes and keeping his turnovers down despite having below average supporting cast. I think we're in pretty good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Well he looks like someone who hasn't thrown in the entire offseason rather than looking injured. Muscle memory requires lots of reps and he probably didn't get enough during the offseason.
    It just looked so corrected last year. He was such a great passer mechanically last year. Maybe he really still needed a full camp to really stay on track.