Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Time to let LJ be LJ again

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Thru game one of this season, I woulda told you to shut yo mouf if you tried to criticize Lamar.

But I'm with Desert and Jacks. Lamar has not been playing well, this past month. Vision and decision-making.
    It's the pass protection. Poor protection throws everything into a frenzy and makes you less patient in the pocket. LJ can't just sit there and scan the field hes been running for his life

2. Re: Time to let LJ be LJ again

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    As far as MVP ...let’s not forget that his single season rushing record played into that. That single element of his game ...made the offense work so well. We had the luxury of 11 vs 11 football instead of 10 vs 11. And our QB was electric running the ball. Hell he was what ...number 6 on the RB charts? He’s no where near that this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lamar is not on pace to break his single season QB rushing record, but he's close enough that if they wanted to, he could break it. He's at 346 over 6 games. On pace for 922. He had over 100 today, with some big runs. Only 9 carries today. More 100 yard games and fewer 3 yard games and he'll get a record if he wants it. But I think that the focus at this point should be playoffs, and how to win games in the playoffs. Perhaps if people think that Lamar doesn't run now, it would be a surprise when he runs a ton in the playoffs.

On pace for 922 is good.

3. Re: Time to let LJ be LJ again

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    LJ hit a rough patch that’s all I’m saying. No matter what they do it will be up to LJ to improve in certain areas. Granted the oline and Roman aren’t making it any easier on him, but the league has caught up with him and he needs to make progress with his arm if he isn’t able to run the same way he did last season. It’s not always there for the taking they’re reading LJ pretty well now. I still think he’s hurt and not near 100% either.
    His running was good today. 37 yard TD run. Over 100 yards total. On pace for 922 rushing yards. He should take off and run more instead of running around in circles around the pocket. Go get the yards that are there.

Still think they'll play better against the better teams and continue to win.

4. Re: Time to let LJ be LJ again

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Lamar we saw last year is the same Lamar we’ve seen since we’ve been seeing him, because no coach out there can pull themselves away from his running ability long enough to bother trying to make him into more of a pocket passer the way he wants. It’s the same crap we saw from Petrino. Lamar goes with it, because he listens to his coach like a good player should and he sees that it works and wants to win at all costs. However, as you stated and as several of us tried to state three years ago, Lamar does not want to do all of this running.

Now he’s hurt and we always end up in playoff situations where we have to throw. But he, nor the talent around him (Not as good as it should be) is not as prepared as he should be, because the only reason Harbaugh even went all in on this offense (First time he’s ever went all in on an offense), is because he knew it would be based around the RUN. Period. If this were just about any other QB, there is no way in the world Harbaugh would have thrown this much passion behind building the offense.
    Running QBs often don't want to be running QBs. See RGIII complaining to Snyder. Removing the running often means removing the extra wins that the running provides.

These running QBs know that most NFL teams don't want running QBs, they're scared of the additional injury risks and they just don't have a lot of QB runs in their playbooks, and they don't want to think of new QB runs. Lamar knows this and wants to be a marketable QB to teams with OCs other than Greg Roman. Lamar as pocket passer is something that Lamar wants more than something Greg Roman wants - I would think, and evidence seems to support that.

"Get out to a 17 point lead doing it our way and then we can practice the pocket passer stuff."

The Ravens almost never lose, and that's because Lamar is a great runner and he runs enough to get the wins. They have running backs who are good enough, WRs who are good enough

Taking sacks he doesn’t need to take and getting knocked out of FG range is on LJ though. Some of it is on him and his decision making and he should own it.
    He does own it...some of the fans don't, lol.

Biggest problems with our offense in rank order from my perspective:

-RG
    -Complex blocking scheme that collapses regularly because of weakness at RG
    -QB bailing out of the pocket because of real or perceived pressure from the right side of the line
    -WR2 doesn't understand the offense. Absolutely baffling because he's probably the highest pure IQ guy in that room. Football takes more than book smarts though.
    -3 RBs with rare traits individually but none of them complete (One has vision and total command of the offense but no burst and no ability to break tackles; one has burst, ability to break tackles, and a good understanding of the offense but no vision, and one has OK vision, great burst, and the ability to break tackles but limited understanding of the offense)
    -QB is uncomfortable and leaning on bad habits with throwing mechanics (This problem eliminates hot reads because they get batted down so much he's not comfortable making the throws and double clutches instead of firing and it also creates a trajectory that essentially eliminates back shoulder throws)

LJ not using his legs more is pretty much like having Tony Banks or Anthony Wright in at QB lately, but with perhaps less turnovers.
    So the same qb that led the league in Tds in 13.5 equivalent games last year is now the same is Tony banks 🤣🤣🤣 omg you dudes are something else!! So a 23 year old qb is supposed to have ups and downs like every other qb? Or is that just the Baltimore? 🤣🤣🤣

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    At one point in the game the announcer said Harbs challenged Lamar to get other guys involved in the passing game and Boyle has his best game (for Boyle) since Nov of last season. Willie Snead finally got some action along with Duvernay. What Lamar needs to continue to do is get other guys involved and stop letting defenses key on 15/89. Today was a step in the right direction imo

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    there is only so much to go around. So if he's deliberately skipping the easy passes to Brown and Andrews so he can feed the other guys, maybe that's part of the issue.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    there is only so much to go around. So if he's deliberately skipping the easy passes to Brown and Andrews so he can feed the other guys, maybe that's part of the issue.
    The passes to Brown and Andrews are definitely not the easy ones if the Defense is keying in on those guys

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I honestly feel like we got spoiled last year, and I noticed this with the fans I watched the games with too. Our team is still averaging just a hair under 30 points a game, and we put up 30 yesterday too. Sure we have some kinks to work out offensively, but this offense is still incredibly dynamic and I expect it to improve throughout the season.

Blog Entries

Listen folks - defenses were going to catch up to Lamar. They were going to figure out what he does well and what his weaknesses are. They were going to figure out who he likes to go to in the passing game and scheme to take that player away.

What they need to do now is get Lamar comfortable with looking to other guys. They really need to shit or get off the pot with Boykin. He's not a bad player, but Snead is a better receiver and Duvernay looks promising. I also am interested in what Proche can do. The Ravens should also strongly consider adding somone like Dez or AB (if he's available). This offense needs another play maker besides Lamar to keep defenses honest. Right now, they're winning because the defense is playing pretty well and their opponents haven't been that good.

They better figure some shit out soon though. They have the Steelers twice, the Titans, the Colts, and the Cowboys - all of which are really strong teams. The Colts have the #1 defense in the league right now and even without Dak, the Cowboys are still a decent team. Not too mention they still have the Browns one more time and they're heating up.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

In the passing game LJ needs to play like LJ.

Blog Entries

Ravens are 5-1

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!