Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Ravens pass-catchers at the bye

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    One strike in the game.

(So far as we can tell ,anyway.)
    I think it's cumulative. If your not one of Harbs pets, don't fumble or screw up.

If you are you can continually play crappy and stay in the game. Ex. Phillips is the 2nd worse graded guard in the league. Phillips is Harbs pick in the draft

Is that true? Was Boykin quasi-benched after his fuck-up along the left sideline?

Dammit. "One strike and you're out" is no way to develop a player. Guys need to play thru their mistakes. It's called "learning".
    Boykin does this regularly...

It seems like we've figured out how to draft guys that can catch...now we need to figure out how to get guys who know how to run routes and understand audible checks.

Glad to hear he and Lamar are putting in extra work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Stealth Boykin Thread.

John Taylor lined up across from Jerry Rice and still made game changing plays. Greatest wide receiver ever and the guy across from him was still a baller.

Over here, 30 years later, we have a shitty #2 and people want to make fucking excuses for a dude who can’t catch a cold after 22 games.
    But he gets separation on fake punts. Beast.

4. Re: Ravens pass-catchers at the bye

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    I think it's cumulative. If your not one of Harbs pets, don't fumble or screw up.

If you are you can continually play crappy and stay in the game. Ex. Phillips is the 2nd worse graded guard in the league. Phillips is Harbs pick in the draft
    Agree with the cumulative part. Making the same mistake is pretty unacceptable. I also don't think it was his first mistake in this game.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Is that true? Was Boykin quasi-benched after his fuck-up along the left sideline?

Dammit. "One strike and you're out" is no way to develop a player. Guys need to play thru their mistakes. It's called "learning".
    Not trying to pick on you Jim but I have to say this is a pretty good example here of why some folks get the reaction from others that they do over the defense of Boykin. This has happened, clearly visible during the network broadcasts of the games, almost every week this season. To suggest he was benched because of one mistake is just being disingenuous. The fact that Harbaugh further called him out, which we all know Harbaugh rarely does to players, shows where their frustration with Boykin is at. Doesn't happen from one mistake.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Tony made a good point about Boykin earlier. He takes long strides and is slow in his cuts and can't get off the LOS.

if you go back and look at the pre-draft writeups on Boykin there were many who said he was a terrible route runner and couldnt get separation. So the Ravens being the Ravens ran out and wasted a 3rd round pick on him.

EDC's first draft class of 2019 is really starting to look lame. Hollywood has yet to really establish himself as a game breaker. Sack Daddy is a joke. Boykin is awful. Justice Hill can't even make the game day roster. Ben Powers is a rotational backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Not trying to pick on you Jim but I have to say this is a pretty good example here of why some folks get the reaction from others that they do over the defense of Boykin. This has happened, clearly visible during the network broadcasts of the games, almost every week this season. To suggest he was benched because of one mistake is just being disingenuous.
    David Culley had his press availability yesterday, and the first question to him was about miscommunications involving Boykin, and he said the number was two. Culley specifically said it happened twice.
    (I think over two games, not twice vs Phlly.)
    So to say "it has happened almost every week this season" is bullshit. I don't think it's disingenuous to push back on bullshit. There are posters here who want to blame Boykin for sinking the Titanic and causing AIDS. Everything that has ever gone wrong in the Lamar Era is due to Boykin. Hell: Frank Washington got more of a break from Ravens fans.

I would rather see something specific and at least attempting to be somewhat accurate. We saw Boykin run a route different from what Lamar expected. Ok: can we talk about that route, without fabricating stories about other routes in every game he's ever played? If we have a case to build against a player, how about we build it from incidents that we actually saw and that actually happened?

If we want to write-off a 24yo 3rd-rd pick with great measurables in his second season, how about we stack specific good plays against specific bad plays, and see how it nets out? Or is that too disingenuous?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The fact that Harbaugh further called him out, which we all know Harbaugh rarely does to players, shows where their frustration with Boykin is at.
    See, that sounds disingenuous to me. Harbaugh took a question in which two players were specifically named, and his answer mentioned both players. Then it gets relayed as if Harbs took to the podium and led off with file & brimstone about Boykin, like Mike Singletary ranting "Can't win with 'em! Can't DO it!"

I guess that's the media environment these days. Normalcy don't get clicks. But Harbs answer was basically identical to things like:
    "Joe knows he can't take a sack in those situations."
    "Ray Rice knows he can't fumble in those situations."
    "Jihad knows he can't take a penalty in those situations."
    "Terrell knows we can't jump offside in those situations."

Harbs said pretty much the exact thing he always says with things like that. It's "a communication issue" and "Miles knows he can't make that mistake" and "we'll get it corrected".

You may think they're going to tie Boykins up and throw him on the next train outta town. I don't take it that way. Maybe I'm wrong and Boykin rides the bench the rest of the season. It that happens, then I'm wrong. But it'll be because I'm wrong, not because I'm being disingenuous.

start giving Snead 5-6 targets a game. he leads the team in YPA but gets only 2.5 targets per game. it's not that complicated.

Blog Entries

There are posters here who want to blame Boykin for sinking the Titanic and causing AIDS. Everything that has ever gone wrong in the Lamar Era is due to Boykin. Hell: Frank Washington got more of a break from Ravens fans.
    I don't see that. I think it is the reverse. There are a group of Boykin apologists that manufacture reasons for his underperformance.

10. Re: Ravens pass-catchers at the bye

Hell: Frank Washington got more of a break from Ravens fans.
    Is Frank Washington a real player I've forgotten or some horrific amalgamation of Frank Walker and Fabian Washington?
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Is Frank Washington a real player I've forgotten or some horrific amalgamation of Frank Walker and Fabian Washington?
    Ha.

I meant Frank Walker.