Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Lack of Offense Control for Lamar

Ian Hartitz

@Ihartitz

·
    18h

Ryan Tannehill since 2019: PFF Passing Grade: 93.3 (No. 2 among 48 qualified QBs) Yards per attempt: 8.9 (No. 1) Adjusted completion rate: 77.9% (No. 9) QB Rating: 116 (No. 1) Average target depth: 9.4 yards (tied for No. 6) Yeah, holy shit

Blog Entries

Well, if they get the man someone he can rely on along the sideline instead of a guy who is in his second year and is still having issues with the *Expletive* playbook and who can actually be where he's supposed to be.....................I mean, if we're expecting Lamar to do what he did last year, every year, with these same pieces, it ain't gonna happen.

It's called actually building the passing offense around your QB instead of expecting him to be Superman all the damned time. So that, maybe, he can grow in comfort and confidence.

He's a QB who wants to grow as a passer, but is stuck in an offense where he'd destined to be last in the league in passing attempts, with one vertical threat who can get open, but isn't the most physical in the world or the most consistent, and a TE whose explosive, but isn't on some Travis Kelce level. That's it. They didn't prioritize the line, because they expected Lamar to just do everything himself.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, if they get the man someone he can rely on along the sideline instead of a guy who is in his second year and is still having issues with the *Expletive* playbook and who can actually be where he's supposed to be.....................I mean, if we're expecting Lamar to do what he did last year, every year, with these same pieces, it ain't gonna happen.

It's called actually building the passing offense around your QB instead of expecting him to be Superman all the damned time. So that, maybe, he can grow in comfort and confidence.

He's a QB who wants to grow as a passer, but is stuck in an offense where he'd destined to be last in the league in passing attempts, with one vertical threat who can get open, but isn't the most physical in the world or the most consistent, and a TE whose explosive, but isn't on some Travis Kelce level. That's it. They didn't prioritize the line, because they expected Lamar to just do everything himself.
    Sad but true.

I’m tired of the passing with training wheels offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    A lot of this sounds familiar.
    It does. I was just about to mention that the audible thing has to be a coaching preference because Joe never did it either.